|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Battle Scars: Membership in the Scar Clan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author encourages people to seek out ______________ for the relief of the shame of holding onto a secret.
2. The woman is a _______-woman in this story, which makes her unique and different from other women.
3. Estes suggests telling your secrets or writing them down with a _______________ to help deal with them.
(a) Happier ending.
(b) Piece of chalk.
4. What does the man confront in a new way as he realizes that the Skeleton Woman cannot be ignored or left behind?
(a) His fear.
(b) His happiness.
(c) His children.
(d) His anger.
5. Without other companionship, the lonely man is even more keen to find a __________, so he tries to be with the woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is often _________ associated with exposing the shame associated with the events that have been carried by someone.
2. Skeleton Woman began as a ___________ woman at the start of the story.
3. Estes says that mentally and emotionally, people may suffer from areas where they lack _____________.
4. What will happen after the time period that the man and the woman will live together? She can ____________.
5. While the man is innocent of the Skeleton Woman's death, he is now ____________ to it and drags her along with him.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)