|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle of August 1822.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Martha to curb her disapproval of Harriet?
(a) Martha realizes Harriet is her sister.
(b) Harriet becomes ill.
(c) Harriet breaks down in tears.
(d) Harriet tells her about Bankhead's attack.
2. What is Sally sitting on in the cellar when Harriet finds her in May 15, 1822?
(a) The steps.
(b) The floor.
(c) A wine barrel.
(d) A rocking chair.
3. Who tells Harriet that she should take her freedom, if not for herself, then for all the slaves who will never get the chance?
(b) Mammy Ursula.
4. Who does Martha say Harriet's father is?
(a) A slave.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) Peter Carr.
5. What does Harriet say is a gift not to be thrown away?
Short Answer Questions
1. In October 1821, how does Harriet spend her free time?
2. Who orders Burwell to keep the brandy from Bankhead?
3. Why does Thruston believe a white man may have impure intentions toward Harriet?
4. In April of 1820, how old is Harriet?
5. What does Harriet have bad dreams about shortly before she leaves the plantation?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)