|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle of August 1822.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Harriet if her life at Monticello is pleasant?
2. What do many people say about Randolph?
(a) He is a drunk.
(b) He is an excellent politician.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) He is Harriet's father.
3. Who sends a letter to Harriet wishing her well and promising to help her if she ever needs assistance?
4. In April 1820, what does Jefferson ask Harriet to give careful consideration to?
(a) Marrying Davie.
(b) Writing in her journal.
(c) Who her father is.
(d) Her future.
5. What is Madison's opinion about Sally's children leaving Monticello and not seeing each other?
(a) He is excited for his time.
(b) It's not right.
(c) It's the right thing for them to do.
(d) He likes the idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harriet realize in June 1820 that she cannot be on her own?
2. Who are the only people that speak about Tom now?
3. What does Thruston give Harriet before she leaves Monticello?
4. Who seems like a nice man, but beats his wife?
5. In The Middle of May 1820, what does Harriet tell Thruston she'll have whether she leaves the plantation or not?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)