|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through That Same Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed himself shortly after gaining his freedom?
(c) Harriet's uncle James.
(d) Harriet's sister.
2. Which of Harriet's relatives were white?
(a) Her grandfather and great grandfather.
(b) Her grandmother and great grandmother.
(c) Her uncles.
(d) Her mother and aunt.
3. What does Jefferson make Harriet promise not to do In The Third Week of May 1820?
(a) Tell the police about Bankhead.
(b) Marry a white man.
(c) Argue with Bankhead.
(d) Run away like Tom.
4. What can you see through the portholes in Jefferson's room?
(a) The fields.
(b) Sally's secret room.
(d) Mammy Ursula's cabin.
5. What is Harriet afraid Beverly may never do?
(a) Take his freedom and leave the plantation.
(b) Get married.
(c) Tell Jefferson he knows who his father is.
(d) Grow old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sally remind Harriet to do when she sees Randolph in April 1820?
2. In Mid-May 1820, That Same Night, as Harriet wanders through the house after her argument with Thruston, where does Harriet find Bankhead?
3. What did Harriet want to ask God when she was a small child?
4. What event could create a difficult future for Harriet, according to Randolph in April 1820?
5. What does Thruston insist upon doing that annoys Harriet?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)