|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through That Same Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over the days that follow Bankhead's attack on Harriet, who does Harriet stay close to?
(b) Her mother.
2. Why does Thruston believe a white man may have impure intentions toward Harriet?
(a) She would have lovely children.
(b) She would be valuable if sold.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She could work hard in the fields.
3. In April 1820, That Same Day, what does Mammy Ursula ask Harriet to have Beverly do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Get married to a slave and remain on the plantation.
(c) Confront Jefferson.
(d) Come and see her.
4. Whose advice does Martha tell Harriet to follow?
5. What is Jefferson doing when Harriet brings him a tea tray as the book begins?
(c) Visiting with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, Harriet recalls that Sally told her once about ___________, who rode up the mountain while Jefferson stayed and ate his breakfast.
2. Who asks Harriet if her life at Monticello is pleasant?
3. What does Randolph tell Harriet she will be a fool if she does?
4. What does Harriet say is a gift not to be thrown away?
5. In May 1820, Two Days Later, why does Sally wake Harriet?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)