|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Early July 1820.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In April of 1820, how old is Harriet?
2. How many of Sally's daughters died in infancy before Harriet was born?
3. Why does Thruston believe a white man may have impure intentions toward Harriet?
(a) She could work hard in the fields.
(b) She would be valuable if sold.
(c) She would have lovely children.
(d) She is very beautiful.
4. What must Harriet do within one year of being freed?
(a) Leave Virginia.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Get married.
(d) Pay her master back.
5. In April 1820, after speaking with Mammy Ursula, how long is it before Harriet gets a chance to look for Sally's secret room?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One day.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes before Harriet has a chance to write in her journal for the first time?
2. Harriet is the _______ living child of Sally.
3. What do Harriet, Eston, and Madison do together while she tells them about accepting her freedom?
4. What did Harriet want to ask God when she was a small child?
5. When Harriet was a small child, what did she ask her mother to ask God to do if he came while she was out?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)