|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Early July 1820.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one thing does Harriet want to know about Jefferson?
(a) If he is her father.
(b) If he will free his slaves.
(c) If Jefferson is really keeping a Farm Book.
(d) If he will sell his slaves.
2. What do Harriet, Eston, and Madison do together while she tells them about accepting her freedom?
(a) Sit on a bench.
(b) Pick raspberries.
(c) Pick tomatoes.
(d) Go horseback riding.
3. What does the homemade concoction that Sally gives Harriet to cure her ills cause Harriet to do in The Middle of May 1820?
(b) Become drunk.
(c) Fall asleep.
(d) Giggle uncontrollably.
4. What does Randolph tell Harriet she will be a fool if she does?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Gets married.
(c) Accepts her freedom.
(d) Refuses her freedom.
5. What does Harriet realize in June 1820 that she cannot be on her own?
(a) A mother.
(b) A school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Martha tell Harriet not to do?
2. What does Sally remind Harriet to do when she sees Randolph in April 1820?
3. Why does Martha complain about her father?
4. According to Randolph, what would it be like for Harriet to live as a free black woman?
5. In April 1820, what is Jefferson's reaction when Harriet swears she didn't look at his stuff?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)