|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1821.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Harriet, how much food does a sheep require?
(a) One fifth the amount a cow does.
(b) One bale of hay.
(c) Two buckets of grain.
(d) Only as much as it will eat.
2. What does the homemade concoction that Sally gives Harriet to cure her ills cause Harriet to do in The Middle of May 1820?
(a) Become drunk.
(c) Fall asleep.
(d) Giggle uncontrollably.
3. Though he wants to marry Harriet, what would Thruston rather see her do?
(a) Marry Davie.
(b) Take her freedom.
(c) Remain single.
(d) Run away.
4. In October 1821, what concern does Harriet express about passing for white?
(a) That she'll be unable to write to her mother.
(b) That she will forget her real name.
(c) That she won't like it.
(d) That she will be discovered.
5. How much time passes between Harriet being discovered in the secret room and her next journal entry?
(a) A year.
(b) A few hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tutors Harriet?
2. What question does Martha ask Harriet that she is hesitant to answer?
3. In The Middle of May 1820, why do Charles Bankhead, William Thornton, Benjamin Latrobe, and Thomas Mann Randolph come to Monticello?
4. What does Harriet have bad dreams about shortly before she leaves the plantation?
5. Who does Martha wish would drink himself to death?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)