|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through October 1821.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harriet have bad dreams about shortly before she leaves the plantation?
(a) Being discovered.
(b) Her own death.
(c) Jefferson's death.
(d) The people she'll leave behind.
2. According to Harriet, how much food does a sheep require?
(a) Two buckets of grain.
(b) Only as much as it will eat.
(c) One bale of hay.
(d) One fifth the amount a cow does.
3. After they argue about the dangers to Harriet in The Middle of May 1820, what does Harriet tell Thruston to do?
(b) Never speak to her again.
(c) Tell Jefferson she won't take her freedom.
(d) Marry her.
4. How does Martha feel about the assignment her father gives her?
(b) Not thrilled.
5. What reason is Harriet given for the possibility of being sold after Jefferson's death if she doesn't accept her freedom?
(a) Jefferson is in debt.
(b) Martha doesn't like her.
(c) She is worth a lot of money because she is light skinned.
(d) She has no skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Martha to curb her disapproval of Harriet?
2. How long are Harriet's lessons going to last?
3. Why does Martha agree to accept her father's assignment?
4. Who orders Burwell to keep the brandy from Bankhead?
5. Why is Jefferson a little offended when he learns of Harriet's engagement?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)