1. At the beginning of the book, how many times has Harriet been allowed in her master's bedrooms?
(a) Once per month.
2. What function does Sally Hemings perform on the plantation?
(a) She is Jefferson's wardrobe mistress.
(b) She is a field slave.
(c) She is a maid.
(d) She is the cook.
3. In December 1819, what are Harriet's brothers doing that makes them unable to help Harriet take the tea tray up to Jefferson?
(a) Sweeping snow.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Working in the field.
(d) Polishing the silver.
4. Whose offer to take the tea tray to Jefferson in December 1819 does Harriet refuse?
(c) Mammy Ursula.
5. Who goes to collect Sally's boys at the beginning of the book when they are playing more than they are working?
6. What can you see through the portholes in Jefferson's room?
(a) The fields.
(b) Mammy Ursula's cabin.
(d) Sally's secret room.
This section contains 4,389 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)