|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason say Donne makes Shakespeare sound like?
2. Who asks Jason if he will miss people?
3. What is the last thing Vivian says to the audience?
4. What question does Vivian ask about a sonnet in a flashback of her student interactions?
5. How does Vivian get Susie to come into her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two options did Vivian have when a student's comment contained an insightful seed? What were the possible consequences of each?
2. What is the joke that makes Vivian laugh when Susie gives her morphine?
3. Does Donne ever understand his Salvation Anxiety? Why or why not?
4. Explain Vivian's reaction to hearing two students mock her after class.
5. Why does Vivian make her bed alarm go off in the middle of the night?
6. How do Jason and Susie's views of Vivian compare and contrast?
7. Why does Vivian shut her own eyelids and cross her arms over her chest?
8. Why does Vivian allow Susie to call her “sweetheart?”
9. Why does Vivian feel her recitation of Donne is “wrong” in her last coherent lines?
10. What is the parallel between Vivian and Jason's careers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Susie and Jason. How are they alike? How are they different? Explain each of their relationships with Vivian.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the controversy surrounding Vivian's end-of-life wishes. What are Vivian's wishes? How does each of her caregivers feel about these wishes? Are Vivian's wishes honored at the end of the play? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Define conflict. Identify each type of conflict and give at least one example of each from Wit. How do each of these conflicts resolve by the end of the play?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)