|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what class did Vivian write the paper she has to do over?
2. What does Vivian do after meeting with Ashford?
3. Who did Vivian study Donne under?
4. How long would Scene 6 last if Vivian had written it?
5. Who presents Vivian's case during grand rounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vivian explain her career while the technicians perform their tests?
2. Explain the cycle of Vivian's chemotherapy treatments as it relates to her overall feeling.
3. Why does Vivian appreciate Kelekian's thoroughness as he explains the situation to her?
4. How does Vivian foreshadow, or hint at, her fever prior to Scene 8?
5. How does Vivian link what she learned in The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies and her career work in Donne?
6. Describe Vivian as she appears at the opening of the play.
7. What are three things Vivian think about while Kelekian is explaining her diagnosis?
8. When and how did Vivian discover words would be her life's work?
9. What is the irony of Vivian's hospitalization during her chemotherapy?
10. Why is Vivian's diagnosis so concerning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define symbolism. Give at least one example of symbolism used in Wit. What is this a symbol of? Why is it important to the play?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Vivian's relationship with Ashford. What does Vivian's relationship with Ashford reveal about Vivian? Why is this relationship important to Vivian? Why is it important to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Define irony. Give at least two examples of irony in Wit. What types of irony are each of these examples? How do you know these instances are ironic? What do these instances of irony do to the story?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)