|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who closes Vivian's eyes after she is given her initial dose of morphine?
2. Who asks Jason if he will miss people?
(c) His mother.
3. Who interrupts Vivian's lecture when she imagines she is teaching?
4. What phrase does Jason use to explain the constant growth of cancer cells?
(a) Cellular colonialization.
(c) Immortality in culture.
5. How many cycles of treatment has Vivian endured after her ultrasound?
6. How does Jason describe John Donne?
7. What does Jason say Donne makes Shakespeare sound like?
(a) A Hallmark card.
(b) Dr. Seuss.
(c) The alphabet.
(d) A children's song.
8. What does a student ask Vivian for after a class?
(a) The definition of a word.
(b) An extension on a deadline.
(c) An explanation of a particular line.
(d) Her mentorship.
9. How does Vivian react to the morphine as it takes effect?
(a) She holds Susie's hand.
(b) She recites one of Donne's poems.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) Her laughter turns to sighs.
10. What question does Vivian ask Jason when he visits her room in Scene 11?
(a) Why he took her poetry class.
(b) Why he does not like patients.
(c) Why he chose cancer research.
(d) What hospital he wants to pursue his research.
11. What does a technician hand Vivian when she imagines she is giving a lecture?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) A sheaf of papers.
(c) A book.
(d) A pointer.
12. How does Vivian describe the level of her sickness after her ultrasound?
(a) Understatedly sick.
(b) Overwhelmingly sick.
(c) Ultimately sick.
(d) Terminally sick.
13. How is Vivian's medication administered?
(a) With a pump.
(b) With a syringe.
(c) Using her IV.
(d) In a drip.
14. What level of fluids does Jason tell Vivian to push for each day?
15. How does Susie react when Vivian explains her reaction?
(a) She cries with her.
(b) She gives her a hug.
(c) She offers her some juice.
(d) She giggles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the sonnet Vivian recites when she imagines she is teaching?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the larger aspects Donne addresses in his sonnets?
3. What does Vivian guess is the reason the student asks a favor of her?
4. What effect does Vivian expect the medication to have on her?
5. What question does Jason ask Vivian to check her mental status?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)