|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What course does Jason think is a colossal waste of time for researchers?
(a) End-of-life Ethics.
(b) Clinicals that require patient interaction.
(c) Seventeenth-century poetry.
(d) Bedside manner.
2. What question does Vivian ask about a sonnet in a flashback of her student interactions?
(a) What makes this sonnet significant?
(b) What propels this sonnet?
(c) What is the rhyme scheme of this sonnet?
(d) Why did Donne write this sonnet?
3. What does Vivian decide about the issue Susie discusses with her?
(a) She does not want to be resuscitated if her heart stops.
(b) She would like her body donated to science.
(c) She would like to stop treatment.
(d) She would like to hire a live-in nurse instead of going to a transitional care facility.
4. What reason does one of the students give when asked why Donne makes his sonnets complicated?
(a) Because he is hiding.
(b) To sound smarter.
(c) To make Vivian's class more difficult.
(d) He does not know how complicated his sonnets are.
5. What does Jason say the Holy Sonnets are about?
(a) The necessity of faith.
(b) The search for God.
(c) Salvation anxiety.
6. What type of student usually asks the question Vivian is asked every year?
(a) One of the smart ones.
(b) One of the non-traditional students.
(c) One of the students who ends up working as a teaching assistant.
(d) One of the students taking the class as an elective.
7. What does Vivian overhear two students mocking after a class?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her pronunciation.
(d) Her use of a pointer.
8. What effect does Susie say the medication will have on Vivian?
(a) It will make her limbs feel heavy.
(b) It will make her breathing shallower.
(c) It will make her feel numb.
(d) It will make her sleepy.
9. What does Susie offer to get for Vivian to comfort her?
(a) A dish of ice cream.
(b) A cup of pudding.
(c) Some juice.
(d) A Popsicle.
10. How does Jason describe John Donne?
11. Who interrupts Vivian's lecture when she imagines she is teaching?
12. Vivian says, “What we have come to think of as me is, in fact, just the ____.”
(b) Specimen jar.
13. What does Jason check when he and Susie enter Vivian's room to insert a catheter?
(a) Her I&O chart.
(b) Her pupils.
(c) Her vitals.
(d) Her hands.
14. Who convinces Vivian to go to her test when she imagines she is teaching?
15. What does Jason say Vivian's class trained him for?
(a) Medical school.
(c) Lab research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Vivian expect the medication to have on her?
2. How does Vivian respond when the student asks her for a favor?
3. What reason does Vivian give for her explanation?
4. How does Vivian say she likes the poem she recites after her ultrasound?
5. How does Vivian react to the morphine as it takes effect?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)