|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Jason ask Vivian to check her mental status?
(a) “Do you know where you are?”
(b) “What day is it?”
(c) “How are you feeling today?”
(d) “Who is the President of the United States?”
2. What does Susie tell Vivian about her cancer?
(a) It has not changed since her diagnosis.
(b) It is not being cured.
(c) It has spread to her brain.
(d) It is in remission.
3. Vivian says, “What we have come to think of as me is, in fact, just the ____.”
(c) Specimen jar.
4. What does Susie rub on Vivian's hands?
(c) Baby oil.
(d) Baby powder.
5. What question does Vivian ask Jason when he visits her room in Scene 11?
(a) What hospital he wants to pursue his research.
(b) Why he took her poetry class.
(c) Why he chose cancer research.
(d) Why he does not like patients.
6. What level of fluids does Jason tell Vivian to push for each day?
7. What course does Jason think is a colossal waste of time for researchers?
(a) Bedside manner.
(b) Clinicals that require patient interaction.
(c) End-of-life Ethics.
(d) Seventeenth-century poetry.
8. What does Susie call Vivian when she comes into her room to take care of the alarm?
9. What poem does Vivian quote in her final coherent lines of the play?
(a) She Sleeps.
(b) The Day of Rain.
(c) Holy Sonnet Six.
(d) Lady Lazarus.
10. Who closes Vivian's eyes after she is given her initial dose of morphine?
11. What does Jason say Vivian's class trained him for?
(c) Lab research.
(d) Medical school.
12. What does Vivian compare herself to when she says she wants to explain but is unable?
(a) A student.
(b) A Donne sonnet.
(c) A bird.
(d) A toddler.
13. Who tells Vivian what Susie and Jason are doing?
(b) A Technician.
14. How does the scene end when Vivian gets morphine?
(a) Vivian falls asleep.
(b) Vivian thanks the audience for their attention.
(c) Jason checks Vivian's I&O chart.
(d) Kelekian takes Vivian's vitals.
15. How do Jason and Kelekian feel about how Vivian's treatment has gone?
(a) They are concerned.
(b) They are optimistic.
(c) They are not saying much about it.
(d) They are delighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jason describe cancer?
2. What test does Vivian have to have done when she is interrupted while she imagines she is teaching?
3. What does Jason say Donne makes Shakespeare sound like?
4. What does Vivian say the reader of the sonnet wants to do to the speaker when she imagines she is teaching?
5. What question does Vivian ask about a sonnet in a flashback of her student interactions?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)