|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Susie tell Vivian about her cancer?
(a) It has not changed since her diagnosis.
(b) It is in remission.
(c) It has spread to her brain.
(d) It is not being cured.
2. How does Vivian describe the level of her sickness after her ultrasound?
(a) Ultimately sick.
(b) Overwhelmingly sick.
(c) Terminally sick.
(d) Understatedly sick.
3. What does Susie offer to get for Vivian to comfort her?
(a) Some juice.
(b) A Popsicle.
(c) A dish of ice cream.
(d) A cup of pudding.
4. What reason does Vivian give for her explanation?
(a) She wants Susie to understand why she makes the decisions she does.
(b) She once had someone explain it to her.
(c) She does not want Susie to feel ignored.
(d) She is a teacher.
5. What is Vivian's initial morphine dosage?
(a) Ten every half hour.
(b) As much as she feels she needs.
(c) Five an hour.
(d) Ten an hour.
6. Who asks Jason if he will miss people?
(b) His mother.
7. What does Jason check when he and Susie enter Vivian's room to insert a catheter?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her vitals.
(c) Her pupils.
(d) Her I&O chart.
8. Who tells Vivian what Susie and Jason are doing?
(c) A Technician.
9. How does Jason describe John Donne?
10. What does one student say Donne is hiding behind in his sonnets?
11. What does Susie rub on Vivian's hands?
(b) Baby oil.
(c) Baby powder.
12. What question does Vivian ask Jason when he visits her room in Scene 11?
(a) What hospital he wants to pursue his research.
(b) Why he took her poetry class.
(c) Why he chose cancer research.
(d) Why he does not like patients.
13. What phrase does Jason use to explain the constant growth of cancer cells?
(b) Cellular colonialization.
(c) Immortality in culture.
14. What effect does Vivian expect the medication to have on her?
15. How does Jason describe Vivian's seventeenth-century poetry course?
(a) Like learning a language without a dictionary.
(b) Like showing up to class in your underwear.
(c) Like his first patient.
(d) Like boot camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason say Donne makes Shakespeare sound like?
2. Why does Jason want Susie to increase Vivian's hydration?
3. How does Jason describe clinicians?
4. What does Jason want to give Vivian to keep her hydrated?
5. Vivian says, “What we have come to think of as me is, in fact, just the ____.”
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)