|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vivian connect her new word with the story she is reading?
(a) When her teacher uses the word in class the next day.
(b) The illustration.
(c) The example her father gives her.
(d) A dictionary her father gives her.
2. Why is Vivian's treatment aggressive?
(a) The tumor is spreading quickly.
(b) It will keep the cancer from spreading.
(c) There are multiple tumors.
(d) The tumor is very large.
3. What sonnet is Vivian's paper about that must be done over?
(a) Lady Lazarus.
(b) Holy Sonnet Five.
(c) Holy Sonnet Ten.
(d) Holy Sonnet Six.
4. What does Susie call Vivian when she comes into her room to take care of the alarm?
5. When did Vivian lose her hair?
(a) She shaved her head before she began chemotherapy.
(b) Between the fourth and fifth cycles of chemotherapy.
(c) After the first cycle of chemotherapy.
(d) It is still falling out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the sonnet Vivian recites when she imagines she is teaching?
2. What book does Vivian choose to read on her birthday?
3. What type of student usually asks the question Vivian is asked every year?
4. What word does Kelekian use to refer to Vivian's cancer?
5. Why does Kelekian wear a mask when he checks on Vivian?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)