|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby does Mrs. Flood suggest that Haze take up to pass the time?
(a) Playing the guitar
(c) Reading the Bible
(d) Playing the piano
2. Where does Enoch's instinct tell him Haze lives?
(a) Near the movie theater
(b) In Mrs. Watts' boarding house
(c) In the same house as the Hawks family
(d) In the same boarding house he (Enoch) lives in
3. What happens to the rug when Enoch attempts to clean it?
(a) Carpet tacks come out of it
(b) He bleaches it with cleaner
(c) It disintegrates
(d) It falls out the window
4. What does Onnie Jay Holy claim to be to convince the crowd to believe in his testimony?
(a) He is a Lapsed Catholic
(b) He is a lifelong member of the Church Without Christ
(c) He is a preacher
(d) He is Haze's right hand man
5. Who is the True Prophet?
(a) Haze Motes
(b) Hoover Shoats
(c) Solace Layfield
(d) Asa Hawks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enoch discover when reading the newspaper?
2. Why does Haze purchase a back of quicklime?
3. What bothers Haze the most about Onnie Jay's interest in his church?
4. Why does Enoch paint the cabinet of the wash stand with gilt?
5. What does Haze do when he returns to the boarding house after a night of preaching?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)