|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Haze's car when he returns to it?
(a) It will not start
(b) The keys are missing
(c) The tires are flat.
(d) Someone has stolen it
2. Who is hiding in the back seat of Haze's car when he drives into the country?
(a) Sabbath Lily Hawks
(b) Asa Hawks
(c) The car mechanic
(d) Enoch Emery
3. How much does Enoch tell the salesman he will give him for one of his products?
4. How much does the owner of the car lot agree to take from Haze for the car?
5. Which of the following is NOT a statement written on the boulder on the side of the road?
(a) Woe to the Blasphemer and Whoremonger!
(b) Will hell swallow you up?
(c) Jesus saves.
(d) Repent your sins to Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel discover when he arrives home after being released from the army?
2. What does Enoch do when he first sees Haze at the park?
3. How do Hazel's fellow soldiers react when he tells them he will not visit a brothel with them?
4. What does Haze do to punish himself for looking at the naked woman in the carnival tent?
5. What does Haze plan to do to show Hawks that the Church Without Christ is the right path for all to follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the taxi cab driver surprised when Haze tells her he wants to go to Mrs. Watts' home?
2. Why does Mrs. Flood want Haze to marry her?
3. What does the article "Evangelist Promises to Blind Himself" say about Hawks?
4. What does Haze plan to do after killing the True Prophet?
5. What does Haze do when he first departs the train at Taulkinham?
6. How do Haze's views as presented in the Church Without Christ fit with his beliefs about Sabbath Lily's parentage?
7. Describe the blind preacher's methods for gathering followers
8. What phrase does Haze continue to say to the waitress at the Frosty Bottle and the animals at the zoo? Why?
9. Describe the Hawks girl's feelings for Haze
10. What does Sabbath Lily do with the package Enoch leaves for Haze?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)