|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noteworthy about the taxi driver's appearance?
(a) He is a small man
(b) He is chewing on a cigar
(c) He keeps squinting to see Hazel
(d) He has a scar across his cheek
2. Why does Hazel take his duffel bag with him when he leaves the train?
(a) He doesn't trust anyone
(b) He doesn't trust the porter
(c) He wants to buy some clothes from the dry goods store
(d) He plans to change clothes in the restroom
3. Who is hiding in the back seat of Haze's car when he drives into the country?
(a) Sabbath Lily Hawks
(b) The car mechanic
(c) Asa Hawks
(d) Enoch Emery
4. Why does Hazel become angered in the dining car?
(a) He expected to dine with Mrs. Hitchcock, but was separated from her
(b) He is angry at the porter for not recognizing him
(c) He did not want to dine with Mrs. Hitchock, but is forced to sit with her
(d) He believes the steward is out to get him
5. What does the car low owner's son mutter as Haze shops for a car?
(a) Rude comments about Haze
(b) Criticism of his father
(c) Biblical scripture
(d) Religious curses
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haze tell the car lot owner he plans on doing with his new car?
2. What turned Emery off from religion?
3. What does Haze plan to do to show Hawks that the Church Without Christ is the right path for all to follow?
4. What is wrong with Haze's car when he returns to it?
5. What does Hazel do while waiting for the train to Melsy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Enoch Emery's experiences in foster care
2. What is wrong with Slade's son? Why does his problem bother Haze?
3. Why is Enoch forced to eat cake for dinner at the diner?
4. Describe the religious message Haze preaches outside of the library
5. Why does Enoch believe he has "wise blood"?
6. Describe Sabbath Lily's family background
7. What does Haze do when he first departs the train at Taulkinham?
8. Describe the blind preacher's methods for gathering followers
9. Describe how Haze's car is "fixed"
10. Describe the test drive Haze takes with Slade and his son in the Essex
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)