|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the cage labeled "TWO DEADLY ENEMIES" along side the dirt road?
(a) A chicken and a chicken hawk
(b) A chicken and a rooster
(c) A bear and a chicken
(d) A bear and a chicken hawk
2. Which of the following is NOT a feature of the car Haze wants to buy?
(a) The horn doesn't work
(b) The front passenger seat is rotted out
(c) It has a piece of wood for the back seat
(d) The driver's side door is held on with rope
3. How do Hazel's fellow soldiers react when he tells them he will not visit a brothel with them?
(a) They tell him he is soulless
(b) They leave silently
(c) They ignore his religious banter
(d) They tell him to stop judging them
4. Why did Enoch decide to work at the city park?
(a) He believes it is the heart of the city
(b) He believes the job makes him more attractive to women
(c) He could not find a job elsewhere
(d) His father arranged for him to have a job there
5. What is the name of the new church Haze plans on forming?
(a) Church of Hazel Motes
(b) Jesus on the Cross
(c) Church Without Jesus
(d) Church of Jesus Christ
Short Answer Questions
1. What town was Hazel Motes born and raised in?
2. What bothers Haze the most about the writing on the boulder?
3. What does Haze tell Sabbath Lily makes his vehicle a 'good car'?
4. Whose coffin was the first Hazel had ever seen?
5. What is Mrs. Watts doing when Hazel arrives at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabbath Lily do with the package Enoch leaves for Haze?
2. What phrase does Haze continue to say to the waitress at the Frosty Bottle and the animals at the zoo? Why?
3. How are Haze and the True Prophet alike?
4. What is truth to Haze?
5. Why does Enoch bury his street clothes?
6. Describe Mrs. Watts
7. What does Haze dream about as he is sleeping in his berth on the train?
8. Why is Enoch forced to eat cake for dinner at the diner?
9. What is the source of conflict between Hazel Motes and the train porter?
10. Why does Mrs. Flood want Haze to marry her?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)