|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT found on the walls of the men's restroom Hazel visits at the train station?
(a) Drawings of men
(b) Drawings of women
2. Who does Hazel mistaken the train porter for?
(a) His former squad-mate in the army
(b) A man named Parrum
(c) A man named Hitchcock
(d) His dead brother
3. Who is hiding in the back seat of Haze's car when he drives into the country?
(a) Sabbath Lily Hawks
(b) Asa Hawks
(c) Enoch Emery
(d) The car mechanic
4. What is the street vendor in Taulkinham selling?
(a) Peeled potatoes
(b) Apple peelers
(d) Potato peelers
5. How old does Sabbath Lily tell Haze she is?
(a) 18 years old
(b) 16 years old
(c) 21 years old
(d) 15 years old
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel want to make sure Mrs. Watts knows about him?
2. What is different about Haze's 'new Jesus'?
3. What does Hazel do while waiting for the train to Melsy?
4. Which of the following is NOT an example Haze gives to reinforce the message of his church?
5. Why is Haze put off when the serviceman does not charge him for gas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Onnie Jay Holy's message about children
2. How does Haze try to explain away the idea of "new jesus?"
3. Why does Enoch approach the couple on the rock with his hand outstretched?
4. Who seduces who in this chapter--Sabbath Lily or Haze?
5. Why does Haze decide to shop at Slade's for a car?
6. Why does Haze buy a potato peeler from the street vendor?
7. What is Onnie Jay Holy's background?
8. Why does Haze say he does not need a church to preach in?
9. What does Haze plan to do after killing the True Prophet?
10. What is the source of conflict between Hazel Motes and the train porter?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)