|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haze declare to both the waitress and the owl at the zoo?
(a) I ain't no sinner.
(b) Jesus saves.
(c) If Jesus existed, I wouldn't be clean.
(d) I am clean.
2. What does Hazel copy off of the wall of a men's room?
(a) The address of a prostitute
(b) The phone number of a prostitute
(c) The address of a boarding house
(d) Directions to a boarding house
3. What does Hazel discover when he arrives home after being released from the army?
(a) He has been a sinner all along
(b) He no longer wants to be a preacher
(c) His family was killed during the war
(d) His family home is deserted
4. What turned Emery off from religion?
(a) His father's religious zealousness
(b) The blind preacher and his daughter
(c) His experiences in foster care
(d) His grandfather was a preacher
5. Which of the following is NOT a feature of the car Haze wants to buy?
(a) The horn doesn't work
(b) The driver's side door is held on with rope
(c) It has a piece of wood for the back seat
(d) The front passenger seat is rotted out
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hazel visit Mrs. Watts?
2. Which of the following does NOT happen to Haze when he is serving time in the army?
3. What is noteworthy about the taxi driver's appearance?
4. What does Haze plan to do to show Hawks that the Church Without Christ is the right path for all to follow?
5. Which of the following stops is NOT part of Enoch Emery's daily routine at the park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Haze dream about as he is sleeping in his berth on the train?
2. Describe Enoch's daily routine at the city park
3. What does Enoch tell Gonga the gorilla when he meets him?
4. What does Haze plan to do after killing the True Prophet?
5. What does the article "Evangelist Promises to Blind Himself" say about Hawks?
6. Why does Mrs. Flood want Haze to marry her?
7. What does Sabbath Lily do with the package Enoch leaves for Haze?
8. Why does Haze refuse to go to the brothel with his fellow soldiers?
9. Describe the process of Haze "discovering" he has no soul
10. Describe the "mystery" Enoch has identified in the museum
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)