|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Enoch react to Gonga's growls?
(a) He is angry
(b) He laughs
(c) He is terrified
(d) He is insulted
2. What has Shoats named his new church?
(a) Holy Church of Christ Without Christ
(b) Church Without Christ
(c) Holy Church of Shoats
(d) Church of Christ
3. How did the landlady's husband die?
(a) In the war
(b) Of natural causes
(c) In a plane crash
(d) His wife killed him
4. What happens to the man and woman sitting on the rock by the highway?
(a) They drive away in their car after seeing the gorilla
(b) They are frightened by Enoch
(c) They are killed by Enoch
(d) They call the police
5. What does Mrs. Flood notice about Haze when she begins caring for him after he catches the flu?
(a) He is thin and pale
(b) He wears barbed wire around his chest
(c) He is eating his meals at a diner
(d) He puts rocks in his shoes
6. What amount does Hoover Shoats pay the True Prophet for his services?
7. What hobby does Mrs. Flood suggest that Haze take up to pass the time?
(a) Reading the Bible
(b) Playing the piano
(c) Playing the guitar
8. Which of the following is NOT an action Enoch takes because his "blood" tells him to?
(a) He begins saving his pay
(b) He purchases new curtains for his room at the boarding house
(c) He cleans his room at the boarding house
(d) He gets up early one morning
9. What belief does Hoover Shoats' church hold that Haze's does not?
(c) new jesus
(d) Absence of sin
10. Where does Enoch's instinct tell him Haze lives?
(a) In the same house as the Hawks family
(b) In Mrs. Watts' boarding house
(c) Near the movie theater
(d) In the same boarding house he (Enoch) lives in
11. Why does the policeman push Haze's car over the embankment?
(a) Haze doesn't have a driver's license
(b) Haze doesn't have car insurance
(c) Haze was speeding
(d) The car is leaking gas
12. What does Haze resolve about his relationship with Sabbath Lily in this chapter?
(a) He will no longer attempt to seduce her
(b) He plans to marry her
(c) He will do whatever it takes to seduce her
(d) He will only stay involved with her to get access to her father
13. Who follows the True Prophet when he finishes preaching?
(b) Asa Hawks
14. Which of the following is NOT a piece of information Enoch shares with Gonga?
(a) He has seen all of the gorilla's movies
(b) He attended a religious boys' school
(c) He works at the zoo
(d) He is 18 years old
15. Why does Enoch paint the cabinet of the wash stand with gilt?
(a) The paint in the wash stand cabinet was peeling
(b) To make it match the picture frame on the wall
(c) He wants to make his room more attractive
(d) His blood has told him it is to be used for something important
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enoch order for dinner at the diner?
2. How does Sabbath Lily treat the contents of Enoch's package for Haze?
3. What causes Haze to develop a limp?
4. Where does Enoch hide to ambush Gonga the gorilla?
5. What happens to the rug when Enoch attempts to clean it?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)