|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the waitress at the diner do instead of filling Enoch's order?
(a) Cook bacon for herself
(b) Make a milkshake for herself.
(c) Talk to the other customer at the counter
(d) Read the newspaper
2. What does Haze tell the crowd they need to hunt down and kill?
(a) Their belief in Christianity
(b) Their souls
(c) Their consciences
(d) The new jesus
3. What is Onnie Jay Holy's real name?
(a) Shoats Hoover
(b) Hoover Shoats
(c) Onnie Jay Hoover
(d) Hazel Motes
4. How does Enoch react to Gonga's growls?
(a) He laughs
(b) He is angry
(c) He is terrified
(d) He is insulted
5. What does Haze resolve about his relationship with Sabbath Lily in this chapter?
(a) He will no longer attempt to seduce her
(b) He will only stay involved with her to get access to her father
(c) He will do whatever it takes to seduce her
(d) He plans to marry her
6. What does the police officer say his reason is for pulling Haze over?
(a) Haze's car hasn't passed inspection.
(b) Haze doesn't have a driver's license
(c) He doesn't like the look of Haze's face
(d) Haze was speedin
7. Where does Haze tell Sabbath Lily he plans to go after he gets some more sleep?
(a) Back to the movie theaters to preach
(b) To find Enoch Emery
(c) To a new city to preach
(d) To Mrs. Watts' house
8. How does Gonga react to Enoch?
(a) He is impressed by him
(b) He becomes angry with him
(c) He insults him
(d) He laughs at him
9. What does Haze do to get the True Prophet's attention?
(a) Haze follows the True Prophet
(b) Haze flashes his headlights at the other's car
(c) Haze rams the Essex into his car
(d) Haze shouts at the True Prophet
10. How is Haze able to pay for his rent?
(a) He works
(b) His landlady does not charge him rent
(c) He begs on the street
(d) He receives disability checks from the government
11. Who is waiting for Haze when he returns home from preaching?
(a) Sabbath Lily Hawks
(b) Asa Hawks
(c) The police
(d) Enoch Emery
12. What happens to the rug when Enoch attempts to clean it?
(a) It falls out the window
(b) It disintegrates
(c) Carpet tacks come out of it
(d) He bleaches it with cleaner
13. What does Haze do when Mrs. Flood suggests they marry?
(a) He agrees to marry her
(b) He leaves the house
(c) He leaves for another city
(d) He hits her
14. What does Enoch try to do to prevent himself from following his blood's message?
(a) He goes to Haze for help
(b) He tries to block out the messages that it is sending him
(c) He goes into work late the morning he believes it is sending him the most important message
(d) He stays in bed late the morning he believes it is sending him the most important message
15. Which of the following is NOT a title of a movie Enoch sees in the theater?
(a) Devil's Island Penitentiary
(b) The Eye
(c) The Monster
(d) Lonnie Comes Home Again
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Enoch want to see Gonga the gorilla?
2. Why does Enoch paint the cabinet of the wash stand with gilt?
3. Why does Enoch go to the movies?
4. Why does Hawks avoid Haze in this chapter?
5. Why did Haze paint his shoes black?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)