|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Haze the most about the True Prophet's religion?
(a) He provides too much competition for Haze
(b) He doesn't believe in what he says
(c) He is causing people to leave Haze's religion
(d) The True Prophet's religion is Christian
2. What bothers Haze the most about Onnie Jay's interest in his church?
(a) Onnie Jay stands to jeopardize Haze's following
(b) Onnie Jay only wants to make money
(c) Onnie Jay wants to take over Haze's followers
(d) Onnie Jay is not truthful
3. Why does Enoch go to the movies?
(a) He wants to see the movie that is playing
(b) He is trying to kill time until he has to meet Haze
(c) He is planning to meet Haze at the theater
(d) He believes his blood is telling him to
4. What does Haze resolve about his relationship with Sabbath Lily in this chapter?
(a) He will only stay involved with her to get access to her father
(b) He will no longer attempt to seduce her
(c) He plans to marry her
(d) He will do whatever it takes to seduce her
5. Which of the following is NOT a piece of information Enoch shares with Gonga?
(a) He has seen all of the gorilla's movies
(b) He works at the zoo
(c) He attended a religious boys' school
(d) He is 18 years old
6. Who follows the True Prophet when he finishes preaching?
(d) Asa Hawks
7. Why does the policeman push Haze's car over the embankment?
(a) The car is leaking gas
(b) Haze was speeding
(c) Haze doesn't have car insurance
(d) Haze doesn't have a driver's license
8. Why does Hawks avoid Haze in this chapter?
(a) Hawks does not want Haze to see him drunk
(b) Hawks does not want Haze to know he is not blind
(c) Hawks does not want to hear Haze preach about the Church Without Christ
(d) Hawks is trying to protect his daughter from Haze
9. What does the waitress at the diner do instead of filling Enoch's order?
(a) Cook bacon for herself
(b) Read the newspaper
(c) Make a milkshake for herself.
(d) Talk to the other customer at the counter
10. What does Enoch end up eating at the diner?
(a) A piece of cake
(d) A milkshake
11. Which is Enoch's favorite section of the newspaper?
(a) The front page
(b) The sports section
(c) The movie listings
(d) The comic strips
12. What does Haze ask the crowd to bring to his Church Without Christ?
(b) A new Jesus
(d) A belief in the truth
13. Which of the following is NOT a title of a movie Enoch sees in the theater?
(a) The Monster
(b) Devil's Island Penitentiary
(c) Lonnie Comes Home Again
(d) The Eye
14. Why does Haze purchase a back of quicklime?
(a) To blind the police officer with
(b) To blind himself with
(c) To kill himself
(d) To pour on the Essex
15. Why does Haze claim he can no longer preach?
(a) He has lost his faith
(b) He never could draw followers to his church
(c) He doesn't have the time
(d) He is now blind
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Haze tell Sabbath Lily he plans to go after he gets some more sleep?
2. What belief does Hoover Shoats' church hold that Haze's does not?
3. What does Enoch think will happen to him after he has taken the shrunken man?
4. Who does Onnie Jay tell Haze he reminds him of?
5. Who is the True Prophet?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)