|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Enoch disguise himself in the museum?
(a) He darkened his face and hands with shoe polish
(b) He wore a wig and raincoat
(c) He wore sunglasses and a wig
(d) He wore his security uniform
2. Who is waiting for Haze when he returns home from preaching?
(a) Sabbath Lily Hawks
(b) The police
(c) Asa Hawks
(d) Enoch Emery
3. What does Sabbath Lily tell Haze first attracted her to him?
(a) His white hat
(b) His religious beliefs
(c) His pecan-colored eyes
(d) His preacher's face
4. How does Enoch react to Gonga's growls?
(a) He is terrified
(b) He is insulted
(c) He laughs
(d) He is angry
5. What bothers Haze the most about the True Prophet's religion?
(a) He doesn't believe in what he says
(b) The True Prophet's religion is Christian
(c) He provides too much competition for Haze
(d) He is causing people to leave Haze's religion
6. Who follows the True Prophet when he finishes preaching?
(a) Asa Hawks
7. Where does Enoch's instinct tell him Haze lives?
(a) In the same house as the Hawks family
(b) In Mrs. Watts' boarding house
(c) Near the movie theater
(d) In the same boarding house he (Enoch) lives in
8. What does Haze ask the crowd to bring to his Church Without Christ?
(b) A new Jesus
(c) A belief in the truth
9. Why does Haze regularly throw out money?
(a) It is left over and he doesn't need it
(b) He wants to make a point of rejecting the government's money
(c) He disdains money
(d) Having it encourages him to smoke and drink
10. Who does the author liken Enoch to when he is in the movie theater?
11. Why does Enoch want to see Gonga the gorilla?
(a) He wants to show him the new Jesus
(b) He hopes to shake the gorilla's hand
(c) He hopes to insult him
(d) He is a big fan of his movies
12. What leads Enoch to the movie theater?
(a) His umbrella breaks
(b) He wants to take the new jesus to a movie
(c) He is unsure about seeing Haze
(d) His package falls out of his hands
13. How many followers does the Church Without Christ have?
(a) One hundred
14. Where does Haze tell Sabbath Lily he plans to go after he gets some more sleep?
(a) To Mrs. Watts' house
(b) To find Enoch Emery
(c) Back to the movie theaters to preach
(d) To a new city to preach
15. Which of the following is NOT an action Enoch takes because his "blood" tells him to?
(a) He gets up early one morning
(b) He purchases new curtains for his room at the boarding house
(c) He begins saving his pay
(d) He cleans his room at the boarding house
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hawks insist that Sabbath Lily continue to try to seduce Haze?
2. What trait does Sabbath Lily say she and Haze share?
3. What does the police officer say his reason is for pulling Haze over?
4. What hobby does Mrs. Flood suggest that Haze take up to pass the time?
5. What name does Onnie Jay Holy give to Haze's church?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)