|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Hazel's suit?
(a) It is blue, an usual color for a suit
(b) It does not fit him properly
(c) It still has the price tag on the sleeve
(d) His hat is black and his suit is blue. They do not match
2. What does Haze plan to do to show Hawks that the Church Without Christ is the right path for all to follow?
(a) Blind himself
(b) Marry Hawks' daughter
(c) Set up a street preaching session right next to Hawks
(d) Seduce Hawks' daughter
3. Why does Hazel take his duffel bag with him when he leaves the train?
(a) He doesn't trust anyone
(b) He doesn't trust the porter
(c) He wants to buy some clothes from the dry goods store
(d) He plans to change clothes in the restroom
4. What information does Haze hope to get from Enoch Emery?
(a) Mrs. Watts' address
(b) The location of a good car dealership
(c) The location of the
(d) The Hawks' address
5. What bothers Enoch the most about living in Taulkinham?
(a) He is put off by the number of street preachers in the city
(b) He hasn't made any friends yet
(c) He misses his father
(d) He can't seem to find a girl to date
6. Where is Haze headed when he leaves Mrs. Watts' home at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) To visit another prostitute
(b) To buy a car
(c) To find a room to rent
(d) To find Enoch Emery
7. What does Hazel want to make sure Mrs. Watts knows about him?
(a) He has no intention of marrying her
(b) He plans on becoming a preacher
(c) He isn't a preacher
(d) He does not believe in God
8. What does the letter Haze writes to Hawks' daughter say?
(a) He wants to seduce her to upset her father
(b) He thinks she is the most beautiful girl he has ever seen
(c) He thinks she is the most homely looking girl he has ever seen
(d) He wants to marry her
9. What is wrong with Haze's car when he returns to it?
(a) The tires are flat.
(b) The keys are missing
(c) It will not start
(d) Someone has stolen it
10. Where does Enoch sit to watch the women and children swim in the public pool?
(a) In the bushes
(b) On a bench
(c) In the lifeguard's chair
(d) On a lounge chair by the pool
11. What does Haze declare to both the waitress and the owl at the zoo?
(a) Jesus saves.
(b) If Jesus existed, I wouldn't be clean.
(c) I am clean.
(d) I ain't no sinner.
12. To what does Hazel liken his sleeping berth on the train?
(a) A cave
(b) A bed
(c) A coffin
(d) A grave
13. What does Haze do with the article Hawks shows him about his blindness?
(a) He keeps it
(b) He rips it up in front of Hawks
(c) He returns it to him
(d) He takes it with him as evidence of Hawks' deception
14. What is the name of the new church Haze plans on forming?
(a) Church Without Jesus
(b) Jesus on the Cross
(c) Church of Jesus Christ
(d) Church of Hazel Motes
15. Why does Haze tell Sabbath Lily he must return quickly return to his car?
(a) He is afraid someone will steal his car
(b) He is afraid Sabbath Lily will steal his car
(c) He does not want to spend any more time with the girl
(d) He does not want to become physically intimate with Sabbath Lily
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hazel finally meet up with the blind preacher?
2. How long does Haze have to wait for the next train to Taulkenham?
3. What is Mrs. Watts doing when Hazel arrives at her house?
4. What does the car low owner's son mutter as Haze shops for a car?
5. Which of Haze's physical features draws the Hawks girl to him?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)