|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Haze hope to get from Enoch Emery?
(a) Mrs. Watts' address
(b) The location of a good car dealership
(c) The location of the
(d) The Hawks' address
2. How much does the owner of the car lot agree to take from Haze for the car?
3. What confuses Haze about Sabbath Lily's parentage?
(a) Her father and mother divorced
(b) Her father did not remarry after her mother died
(c) Her parents were never married
(d) The girl never knew her real mother
4. Why does Hazel visit Mrs. Watts?
(a) To see if she knows the local preacher
(b) To rent a room
(c) To have sex with one of the women in her brothel
(d) To have sex with her
5. What two things did Hazel take with him when he went into the army?
(a) A pair of glasses and a letter from his grandfather
(b) A memento of his mother and a pen
(c) A Bible and a pair of glasses
(d) A Bible and a piece of silver jewelry
6. Whose coffin was the first Hazel had ever seen?
(a) His father's
(b) His grandfather's
(c) His brother's
(d) His mother's
7. Why did Hazel leave his hometown?
(a) To become a preacher
(b) To join the army
(c) To get married
(d) To start a new life
8. How long has Enoch Emery been living in Taulkinham?
(a) His whole life
(b) 1 year
(c) 2 months
(d) 6 months
9. Who is hiding in the back seat of Haze's car when he drives into the country?
(a) The car mechanic
(b) Enoch Emery
(c) Asa Hawks
(d) Sabbath Lily Hawks
10. What does Haze challenge Asa Hawks to do?
(a) Allow Haze to date his daughter
(b) Begin his own religion
(c) Save Haze's soul
(d) Join the Church Without Christ
11. What reason does Haze give the blind preacher for why he followed him?
(a) Haze wants to give the preacher his pamphlet back
(b) Haze claims he was following the preacher's daughter
(c) Haze tells the preacher he wants to be one of his followers
(d) Haze wants to interrogate the preacher's daughter
12. How old does Sabbath Lily tell Haze she is?
(a) 16 years old
(b) 18 years old
(c) 21 years old
(d) 15 years old
13. To what does Hazel liken his sleeping berth on the train?
(a) A cave
(b) A coffin
(c) A bed
(d) A grave
14. Why does Enoch wake up feeling like it will be a special day?
(a) He believes something important will happen that day
(b) He will get to watch the women sunbathing by the pool
(c) He doesn't have to work
(d) He knows Haze will come to visit him at the zoo
15. Why does Haze want to visit the zoo?
(a) To see the animals
(b) To find a woman to sleep with
(c) To find Enoch Emery
(d) To find a job
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT found on the walls of the men's restroom Hazel visits at the train station?
2. What is unusual about Hazel's suit?
3. How long does Haze have to wait for the next train to Taulkenham?
4. What bothers Enoch the most about living in Taulkinham?
5. What is noteworthy about the taxi driver's appearance?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)