|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Haze tell Sabbath Lily he must return quickly return to his car?
(a) He does not want to become physically intimate with Sabbath Lily
(b) He does not want to spend any more time with the girl
(c) He is afraid Sabbath Lily will steal his car
(d) He is afraid someone will steal his car
2. What does the car low owner's son mutter as Haze shops for a car?
(a) Criticism of his father
(b) Biblical scripture
(c) Rude comments about Haze
(d) Religious curses
3. What does Enoch order for dinner at the diner?
(a) Soup and a sandwich
(b) Soup and piece of cake
(c) Soup and a milkshake
(d) A sandwich and a piece of cake
4. What is the only item Hazel wants to save from his family's home?
(a) The family Bible
(b) A car
(c) A chifforobe
(d) An antique table
5. How long does Haze have to wait for the next train to Taulkenham?
(a) 6 hours
(b) 1 day
(c) 3 hours
(d) 1 hour
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Hitchcock tell Hazel Motes she going to visit?
2. Where does Enoch sit to watch the women and children swim in the public pool?
3. What is Onnie Jay Holy's real name?
4. What does the serviceman from the gas station do to help Haze's car start?
5. What commentary does the taxi driver offer on preachers?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)