|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about Mrs. Watts' house?
(a) She leaves the door unlocked
(b) She does not live with her husband
(c) She leaves the light in her bedroom on all of the time
(d) It looks like a shack
2. Why does the taxi driver think that Hazel wants to visit Mrs. Watts' house?
(a) To find a room to rent
(b) To know sin first hand
(c) To rob Mrs. Watts
(d) To preach to the prostitute
3. How much does the owner of the car lot agree to take from Haze for the car?
4. What is Onnie Jay Holy's real name?
(a) Shoats Hoover
(b) Hoover Shoats
(c) Onnie Jay Hoover
(d) Hazel Motes
5. Why did Haze paint his shoes black?
(a) To make them look newer
(b) To show he is not holy
(c) To make him look like a respectable preacher
(d) To remove any traces of the government
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Enoch paint the cabinet of the wash stand with gilt?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Enoch Emery?
3. Why does Hazel visit Mrs. Watts?
4. What does Haze discover about Asa Hawks at the end of the chapter?
5. What is the name of the new church Haze plans on forming?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)