|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Onnie Jay Holy claim to be to convince the crowd to believe in his testimony?
(a) He is a preacher
(b) He is a Lapsed Catholic
(c) He is Haze's right hand man
(d) He is a lifelong member of the Church Without Christ
2. Why does Hawks avoid Haze in this chapter?
(a) Hawks is trying to protect his daughter from Haze
(b) Hawks does not want Haze to know he is not blind
(c) Hawks does not want Haze to see him drunk
(d) Hawks does not want to hear Haze preach about the Church Without Christ
3. What does Haze challenge Asa Hawks to do?
(a) Save Haze's soul
(b) Begin his own religion
(c) Allow Haze to date his daughter
(d) Join the Church Without Christ
4. What is unusual about Hazel's suit?
(a) It is blue, an usual color for a suit
(b) His hat is black and his suit is blue. They do not match
(c) It still has the price tag on the sleeve
(d) It does not fit him properly
5. How much money does Haze have saved to buy a car?
(c) He has no money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Haze tell Sabbath Lily he must return quickly return to his car?
2. Why does Enoch paint the cabinet of the wash stand with gilt?
3. Where does Hazel finally meet up with the blind preacher?
4. What trait does Sabbath Lily say she and Haze share?
5. Why does Enoch treasure his change purse?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)