|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hazel first notice when he gets off of the train at Taulkinham?
(a) The men's restroom
(b) The bright signs
(c) A notice for Mrs. Watts' house
(d) The train station
2. Which of the following is NOT a statement written on the boulder on the side of the road?
(a) Will hell swallow you up?
(b) Woe to the Blasphemer and Whoremonger!
(c) Repent your sins to Jesus.
(d) Jesus saves.
3. What does the car low owner's son mutter as Haze shops for a car?
(a) Biblical scripture
(b) Rude comments about Haze
(c) Religious curses
(d) Criticism of his father
4. What does Hazel want to make sure Mrs. Watts knows about him?
(a) He isn't a preacher
(b) He plans on becoming a preacher
(c) He has no intention of marrying her
(d) He does not believe in God
5. Why does Hazel take his duffel bag with him when he leaves the train?
(a) He wants to buy some clothes from the dry goods store
(b) He plans to change clothes in the restroom
(c) He doesn't trust the porter
(d) He doesn't trust anyone
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hazel choose the last bathroom stall to go into?
2. Why does Haze stop suddenly in the middle of the road?
3. Why does the car lot owner insist that Haze take the Essex on a test drive?
4. What bothers Haze the most about the writing on the boulder?
5. Why does Haze go to two different garages to have his car fixed?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)