|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Enoch decide to work at the city park?
(a) He could not find a job elsewhere
(b) He believes the job makes him more attractive to women
(c) His father arranged for him to have a job there
(d) He believes it is the heart of the city
2. Why does Hazel visit Mrs. Watts?
(a) To have sex with one of the women in her brothel
(b) To have sex with her
(c) To see if she knows the local preacher
(d) To rent a room
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Enoch Emery?
4. What is noteworthy about the taxi driver's appearance?
(a) He has a scar across his cheek
(b) He keeps squinting to see Hazel
(c) He is a small man
(d) He is chewing on a cigar
5. Why does Hazel take his duffel bag with him when he leaves the train?
(a) He plans to change clothes in the restroom
(b) He doesn't trust the porter
(c) He wants to buy some clothes from the dry goods store
(d) He doesn't trust anyone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel notice about Mrs. Watts' grin?
2. What happens to Hazel when he departs the train?
3. How does Haze react when Enoch is unable to give him the address?
4. Who does the taxi driver mistaken Hazel for?
5. How much does the owner of the car lot agree to take from Haze for the car?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)