|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the car lot owner insist that Haze take the Essex on a test drive?
(a) So he realizes what a great deal he is getting on the car
(b) So he can negotiate a higher price for the vehicle
(c) So he knows what does and doesn't work on the car before buying it
(d) So he can see how well it handles on the highway
2. Which of the following is NOT a feature of the car Haze wants to buy?
(a) The horn doesn't work
(b) It has a piece of wood for the back seat
(c) The front passenger seat is rotted out
(d) The driver's side door is held on with rope
3. Who does Hazel mistaken the train porter for?
(a) His dead brother
(b) His former squad-mate in the army
(c) A man named Parrum
(d) A man named Hitchcock
4. What is unusual about Hazel's suit?
(a) His hat is black and his suit is blue. They do not match
(b) It is blue, an usual color for a suit
(c) It does not fit him properly
(d) It still has the price tag on the sleeve
5. Which of the following does NOT happen to Haze when he is serving time in the army?
(a) He gives up reading the Bible
(b) He loses his religious faith
(c) He becomes wounded by shrapnel
(d) His resolve to become a preacher is strengthened
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following stops is NOT part of Enoch Emery's daily routine at the park?
2. Why did Enoch decide to work at the city park?
3. What is noteworthy about the taxi driver's appearance?
4. What does the car low owner's son mutter as Haze shops for a car?
5. Where is Haze headed when he leaves Mrs. Watts' home at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)