|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen to Haze when he is serving time in the army?
(a) His resolve to become a preacher is strengthened
(b) He gives up reading the Bible
(c) He loses his religious faith
(d) He becomes wounded by shrapnel
2. What is the only item Hazel wants to save from his family's home?
(a) A car
(b) A chifforobe
(c) The family Bible
(d) An antique table
3. Why does Hazel take his duffel bag with him when he leaves the train?
(a) He doesn't trust anyone
(b) He wants to buy some clothes from the dry goods store
(c) He doesn't trust the porter
(d) He plans to change clothes in the restroom
4. What reason does Haze give the blind preacher for why he followed him?
(a) Haze wants to interrogate the preacher's daughter
(b) Haze claims he was following the preacher's daughter
(c) Haze tells the preacher he wants to be one of his followers
(d) Haze wants to give the preacher his pamphlet back
5. Why did Hazel leave his hometown?
(a) To join the army
(b) To get married
(c) To become a preacher
(d) To start a new life
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people claim was the reason for Haze opening his brother's casket at his funeral?
2. Which of the following is NOT found on the walls of the men's restroom Hazel visits at the train station?
3. Who does the taxi driver mistaken Hazel for?
4. What does Hazel copy off of the wall of a men's room?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Enoch Emery?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)