|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT a family living in Eastrod?
(a) Hitchcock family
(b) Motes family
(c) Parrum family
(d) Blasengame family
2. What is unusual about Hazel's suit?
(a) It is blue, an usual color for a suit
(b) It does not fit him properly
(c) It still has the price tag on the sleeve
(d) His hat is black and his suit is blue. They do not match
3. What is Mrs. Watts wearing when Hazel arrives at her house?
(a) A pink dress
(b) A red nightgown
(d) A pink nightgown
4. What happens to Hazel when he departs the train?
(a) He wanders off to a dry goods store
(b) The porter throws his belongings out of the door
(c) He loses his belongings
(d) It leaves without him
5. What commentary does the taxi driver offer on preachers?
(a) He believes they think they are too good to believe in anything
(b) He believes they should have the same experiences that regular men do
(c) He believes they are all sinners at heart just like regular folk
(d) He believes they are the holiest men on earth
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hazel first notice when he gets off of the train at Taulkinham?
2. What is noteworthy about the taxi driver's appearance?
3. What does Hazel discover when he arrives home after being released from the army?
4. What town was Hazel Motes born and raised in?
5. What did people claim was the reason for Haze opening his brother's casket at his funeral?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)