|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Haze challenge Asa Hawks to do?
(a) Begin his own religion
(b) Save Haze's soul
(c) Join the Church Without Christ
(d) Allow Haze to date his daughter
2. How did Asa Hawks become blind?
(a) He was accidentally blinded when someone threw lime in his eyes
(b) He was involved in a car accident
(c) He intentionally blinded himself by putting lime in his eyes
(d) He was born without eyesight
3. How long has Enoch Emery been living in Taulkinham?
(a) His whole life
(b) 1 year
(c) 2 months
(d) 6 months
4. What does Sabbath Lily tell Haze happened to her mother?
(a) She died shortly after giving birth to the girl
(b) She left her father when he became a preacher
(c) She died when the girl was only a few years old
(d) She refused to marry her father
5. What happens to the rug when Enoch attempts to clean it?
(a) He bleaches it with cleaner
(b) It falls out the window
(c) Carpet tacks come out of it
(d) It disintegrates
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hazel take his duffel bag with him when he leaves the train?
2. What does Haze discover about Asa Hawks at the end of the chapter?
3. Where does Enoch hide to ambush Gonga the gorilla?
4. Why does Hawks insist that Sabbath Lily continue to try to seduce Haze?
5. Why does Hawks avoid Haze in this chapter?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)