|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hazel copy off of the wall of a men's room?
(a) The address of a boarding house
(b) The address of a prostitute
(c) Directions to a boarding house
(d) The phone number of a prostitute
2. Why does Hazel become angered in the dining car?
(a) He believes the steward is out to get him
(b) He did not want to dine with Mrs. Hitchock, but is forced to sit with her
(c) He is angry at the porter for not recognizing him
(d) He expected to dine with Mrs. Hitchcock, but was separated from her
3. Why is Haze forced to drive so slowly during the test drive?
(a) A slow truck pulls out in front of him and he is unable to sound his horn to get it to move
(b) Pigs walk into the road and Haze is unable to sound his horn to get them to move
(c) The car cannot go over 40 mph
(d) The car lot owner will not allow him to drive quickly
4. What is noteworthy about Hazel's appearance when he is at the Taulkinham train station?
(a) He changes from his army clothes into a suit
(b) He looks bewildered and out of place
(c) He looks as if he lives in the town
(d) He looks like a preacher
5. What two things did Hazel take with him when he went into the army?
(a) A memento of his mother and a pen
(b) A pair of glasses and a letter from his grandfather
(c) A Bible and a piece of silver jewelry
(d) A Bible and a pair of glasses
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the owner of the car lot agree to take from Haze for the car?
2. What bothers Enoch the most about living in Taulkinham?
3. Who does the taxi driver mistaken Hazel for?
4. Where does Hazel finally meet up with the blind preacher?
5. What does Hazel discover when he arrives home after being released from the army?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)