|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose coffin was the first Hazel had ever seen?
(a) His grandfather's
(b) His brother's
(c) His father's
(d) His mother's
2. Where are Haze and Enoch going when Haze is almost run over at an intersection?
(a) They are headed to a local church to hear the blind preacher speak
(b) They are following the preacher and his daughter
(c) They are going to Mrs. Watts' house
(d) They are following the street vendor
3. What happens to Hazel when he departs the train?
(a) He loses his belongings
(b) He wanders off to a dry goods store
(c) It leaves without him
(d) The porter throws his belongings out of the door
4. What is Mrs. Watts wearing when Hazel arrives at her house?
(a) A red nightgown
(c) A pink dress
(d) A pink nightgown
5. How long does Haze have to wait for the next train to Taulkenham?
(a) 6 hours
(b) 1 day
(c) 1 hour
(d) 3 hours
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a statement written on the boulder on the side of the road?
2. Why does Hazel choose the last bathroom stall to go into?
3. Why does Hazel take his duffel bag with him when he leaves the train?
4. Which of the following is NOT a feature of the car Haze wants to buy?
5. What is unusual about Mrs. Watts' house?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)