|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Enoch paint the cabinet of the wash stand with gilt?
(a) His blood has told him it is to be used for something important
(b) He wants to make his room more attractive
(c) To make it match the picture frame on the wall
(d) The paint in the wash stand cabinet was peeling
2. Where is Haze headed when he leaves Mrs. Watts' home at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) To find a room to rent
(b) To buy a car
(c) To visit another prostitute
(d) To find Enoch Emery
3. What does Haze tell Sabbath Lily makes his vehicle a 'good car'?
(a) It was built by minorities
(b) It is always able to be fixed
(c) It was built by foreigners
(d) It was built by people who had their eyes open
4. What happens to Hazel when he departs the train?
(a) He wanders off to a dry goods store
(b) The porter throws his belongings out of the door
(c) It leaves without him
(d) He loses his belongings
5. What information does Haze hope to get from Enoch Emery?
(a) Mrs. Watts' address
(b) The location of a good car dealership
(c) The location of the
(d) The Hawks' address
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the cage labeled "TWO DEADLY ENEMIES" along side the dirt road?
2. What is noteworthy about Hazel's appearance when he is at the Taulkinham train station?
3. How much does the owner of the car lot agree to take from Haze for the car?
4. Why does Hazel visit Mrs. Watts?
5. What does Hazel notice about Mrs. Watts' grin?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)