|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second story Uncle David always tells in the winter room?
2. What is the injury Eldon receives in the fight?
3. According to Uncle David, what is the story of the woodcutter really about?
4. What is the final line of Uncle David's story about Crazy Alen?
5. How many of the other stories that Uncle David tells does Eldon say he remembers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Eldon. What is his role in the story? What kind of boy is he?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Wayne? Father? Mother? Uncle David? Nels? How is each related to Eldon? Which of these relationships is/are most important to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Eldon talks about a time of division, such as the time between yesterday and today and the time between fall and winter. What does Eldon believe about the possibility that this division exists? What does Wayne believe? What do you believe? Why?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)