|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle David do with the axes immediately after splitting the log?
2. According to Uncle David, what was the reaction of the men once the cutting was finished?
3. What is the reaction when Crazy Alen first starts playing jokes on the other men?
4. Why does Eldon think he needs to stop David before he takes some action at the log pile?
5. What is Uncle David carrying when he returns from the granary?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Eldon. What is his role in the story? What kind of boy is he?
Essay Topic 2
What is the most important theme of this story? Why? Give at least two examples of that theme seen in this story.
Essay Topic 3
Does Eldon's life seem difficult? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)