|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Uncle David say he was when he heard the story of Orud?
2. What is the first story Uncle David tells that night?
3. When another man also wants the woman as his wife, how is the argument settled?
4. What does Uncle David do with the axes immediately after splitting the log?
5. What does Wayne want to tell Eldon that morning in their special place?
Essay Topic 1
What is the first story Uncle David tells each winter? Why is that story important to him? What are the reactions of each of the other family members to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Eldon talks about a time of division, such as the time between yesterday and today and the time between fall and winter. What does Eldon believe about the possibility that this division exists? What does Wayne believe? What do you believe? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Does Eldon's life seem difficult? Support your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)