Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle David do with the axes immediately after splitting the log?
2. According to Uncle David, what was the reaction of the men once the cutting was finished?
3. What is the reaction when Crazy Alen first starts playing jokes on the other men?
4. Why does Eldon think he needs to stop David before he takes some action at the log pile?
5. What is Uncle David carrying when he returns from the granary?
Essay Topic 1
Who helps Eldon's family when it's time for haying and threshing? Describes the days when the two families come together. Why are these important?
Essay Topic 2
Eldon talks about a time of division, such as the time between yesterday and today and the time between fall and winter. What does Eldon believe about the possibility that this division exists? What does Wayne believe? What do you believe? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the farm house. How many rooms are there? What are each of the rooms used for? Include some details about each of the rooms.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)