|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Crazy Alen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mother keep coffee hot when she takes it for Father's lunch?
(a) She builds a campfire near the field to warm it.
(b) She wraps a jar in sacking.
(c) She doesn't, he likes it cold.
(d) She puts it in a thermos.
2. How old does Uncle David say he is when he meets Crazy Alen?
(d) He doesn't say.
3. What does the snow on the elm limb look like?
(a) A snake.
(b) A bunch of limbs.
(c) A sheet.
(d) A ballerina.
4. What is the joke Alen plays on the foreman?
(a) Hides the man's boots.
(b) Sharpens his saw wrong.
(c) Blocks the outhouse door with a tree.
(d) Sews the man's socks closed.
5. How does Eldon describe the sound he hears when Wayne hits the horse?
(a) Like smacking a potato with a hammer.
(b) Like slapping a fly on bare skin.
(c) Like hitting a rock with a stick.
(d) Like whamming a horse with a kid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the books Uncle David sometimes reads at the kitchen table at night?
2. When another man also wants the woman as his wife, how is the argument settled?
3. What is the final line of Uncle David's story about Crazy Alen?
4. What does Eldon say there is to do on the morning after the first snowfall?
5. Where does Eldon and his family live?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)