|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Crazy Alen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Uncle David doing the first time he sees Alida?
(a) Sharpening tools.
(b) Plowing a field.
(c) Sitting on the porch.
(d) Cutting a tree.
2. Where is Uncle David when he encounters the man called Crazy Alen?
(a) A camp called Folter.
(b) Camp Coulter.
(c) Northern Utah.
(d) Fort Shelby.
3. How much older is Wayne than Eldon?
(a) One year.
(b) Four years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
4. In "Winter," Eldon says that he and Wayne have a fight. What was Eldon's injury from that fight?
(a) A bloody nose.
(b) A swollen ear.
(c) A black eye.
(d) Several bruises.
5. What is the final line of Uncle David's story about Crazy Alen?
(a) And that is the story of Crazy Alen.
(b) And no one ever played a better joke.
(c) And everyone laughed.
(d) The end.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Father sitting when Eldon sees Mother rubbing Father's shoulders?
2. What kind of shoes is Eldon wearing on the morning he slipped outside to watch Father leaving for the fields?
3. Why does the blacksmith have to sharpen the plows every summer?
4. What was Mother saying as she rubbed Father's shoulders on the day Eldon sees them behind the barn?
5. Why does the family sometimes not eat supper until after ten in the summer?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)