|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Crazy Alen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mother and Father let Eldon and Wayne jump into the straw pile for hours at a time?
(a) To pack it down.
(b) To chase all the mice out of the stack.
(c) They don't let them jump more than a few times.
(d) It's fun.
2. What kind of drink does Mother bring for the picnic at the lake?
(b) Raspberry drink.
3. What is the name carved into a log in the barn?
4. Why does the family butcher two geese every year?
(a) To save for Christmas dinner.
(b) To restuff the feather mattresses.
(c) To save for Thanksgiving dinner.
(d) To make new pillows.
5. What kind of tool does Uncle David say Crazy Alen used to cut trees?
(a) A crosscut saw.
(b) A bucksaw.
(c) An ax.
(d) A chain saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the expression on Alen's face when he dies?
2. What was Wayne's injury from that fight in "Winter?"
3. What does Eldon say the buildings and machines look like after the first snow?
4. What is the second story Uncle David always tells in the winter room?
5. Who does Eldon say gets the cream money and the egg money?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)