|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Crazy Alen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name carved into a log in the barn?
2. What are the books Uncle David sometimes reads at the kitchen table at night?
(a) Western novels.
(b) Old Farmer's Almanacs.
(c) A Bible and an encyclopedia.
(d) No one knows.
3. What is the problem the foreman faces with getting Alen out of the cabin?
(a) Alen is huge and the foreman can't carry him.
(b) The foreman is weak from old age and can't carry Alen.
(c) The foreman is afraid to touch Alen but is reluctant to leave him.
(d) Alen is frozen and won't fit through the door.
4. How does the family dog spend most of its time?
(a) Guarding the cows.
(c) Chasing squirrels.
(d) Sitting on the porch.
5. What do Wayne and Eldon spend their afternoon doing?
(c) Catching frogs.
(d) Playing in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Uncle David says summer is close to fall, and spring is close to summer. To what season is winter close?
2. What do the men have to do in the coldest part of winter to keep their axes from breaking?
3. What is on the cover of the Zane Grey western Eldon and Wayne find?
4. Where do the pigs run when they escape from their pen?
5. Why does Mother take a breath when Uncle David finishes the story of Crazy Alen?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)