|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall and Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the two horses on the farm?
(a) Jim and Joe.
(b) Stacker and Stumper.
(c) Matilda and Martha.
(d) Jim and Stacker.
2. What does Uncle David say is the reason there's so much work in the summer?
(a) The crops growing.
(b) The farm.
(c) The large family.
(d) The light.
3. In "Winter," Eldon says that he and Wayne have a fight. What was Eldon's injury from that fight?
(a) A black eye.
(b) A swollen ear.
(c) Several bruises.
(d) A bloody nose.
4. Who oils the thrashing machine?
(b) Uncle David.
(c) Old man Ransen.
5. Who turns the crank on the cream separator?
(c) Uncle David and Nels.
(d) Wayne and Eldon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father do in the evenings in the winter room?
2. How many seagulls arrive each summer during plowing season?
3. How old is the farm where the family lives?
4. What had Wayne once made wings out of in an attempt to fly?
5. What grade does Mrs. Halverson teach?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)