|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall and Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Mother and Father let Eldon and Wayne jump into the straw pile for hours at a time?
(a) To chase all the mice out of the stack.
(b) They don't let them jump more than a few times.
(c) It's fun.
(d) To pack it down.
2. What does Eldon say all the stacks of hay look like in the field?
(a) Tiny houses.
(b) Loaves of bread.
3. How long does Mother stay at the quilting bee at the end of fall?
(a) Four hours.
(b) All day.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
4. What is the book both Uncle David and Nels have by their beds?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Complete Works of Shakespeare.
(c) The Farmer's Almanac.
(d) A diary.
5. What is it about going to town that Eldon likes best?
(a) The chance to buy a new comic book.
(b) The time with his dad.
(c) The candy.
(d) The time away from chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eldon supposed to do while Wayne jumps from the hayloft onto the horse's back?
2. In "Winter," Eldon says that he and Wayne have a fight. What was Eldon's injury from that fight?
3. How much does Father say the horses weigh?
4. What was the name of the hero's horse in the western they found?
5. Which of the animals killed each fall does Eldon say is the worst?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)