|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall and Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eldon say he doesn't work as hard as the others in the family?
(a) He's still too young.
(b) He was sick when he was younger.
(c) He does work as hard as anyone.
(d) He has to spend a lot of time studying.
2. What are the names of the two horses on the farm?
(a) Matilda and Martha.
(b) Stacker and Stumper.
(c) Jim and Joe.
(d) Jim and Stacker.
3. How many seagulls arrive each summer during plowing season?
(a) About a dozen.
(b) Maybe twenty or thirty.
(d) Only a few.
4. Where does the family dog sleep as fall comes to an end?
(a) Under the porch.
(b) In Wayne's room.
(c) In the barn.
(d) In the kitchen.
5. What is on the cover of the Zane Grey western Eldon and Wayne find?
(a) A cowboy riding behind a herd of cattle.
(b) A group of cowboys riding through a town.
(c) An Indian boy riding a horse.
(d) A cowboy riding a horse and firing six-guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Harrin Olsen play at the beer hall?
2. Where was Father sitting when Eldon sees Mother rubbing Father's shoulders?
3. What does Eldon say he likes better than wax teeth?
4. What does Father say Jim and Stacker's legs are like when they're pulling up stumps?
5. Who says fall is a favorite time of year?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)