|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fall and Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the men have to wear handkerchiefs over their noses during thrashing time?
(a) They're playing a game.
(b) It is a tradition.
(c) They want to keep cool.
(d) There is dust.
2. What does Father do in the evenings in the winter room?
(a) Fixes harnesses.
(b) Sharpens tools.
3. How old is the farm where the family lives?
(a) About twenty years.
(b) The same age as Uncle David.
(c) At least a hundred.
(d) No one knows.
4. How are the calves fed?
(a) With a baby bottle.
(b) Their mamas feed them.
(c) With a bucket.
(d) The book doesn't say.
5. In "Winter," Eldon says that he and Wayne have a fight. What was Eldon's injury from that fight?
(a) A swollen ear.
(b) A black eye.
(c) Several bruises.
(d) A bloody nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Eldon's house?
2. Who turns the crank on the cream separator?
3. What are the books Uncle David sometimes reads at the kitchen table at night?
4. What was Wayne's injury from that fight in "Winter?"
5. Who comes to help the family when it's haying time?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)