|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Uncle David?
(c) No one knows.
2. Where was Father sitting when Eldon sees Mother rubbing Father's shoulders?
(a) On the porch.
(b) On the side of the bed.
(c) On a kitchen chair.
(d) On a block of wood.
3. Why is the corn cultivated several times while it's still young?
(a) So Father will have something to do.
(b) To loosen the soil around the roots of the corn.
(c) So the weeds don't get a start.
(d) To work the fertilizer deeper into the soil.
4. What does Uncle David say is the reason there's so much work in the summer?
(a) The large family.
(b) The light.
(c) The crops growing.
(d) The farm.
5. How much older is Wayne than Eldon?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the cover of the Zane Grey western Eldon and Wayne find?
2. What does Eldon say he likes better than wax teeth?
3. How many people are in Eldon's family?
4. How does Mother keep coffee hot when she takes it for Father's lunch?
5. What does Mother use for a tablecloth when she takes Father's lunch to the field?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)