|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the book both Uncle David and Nels have by their beds?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Farmer's Almanac.
(c) A diary.
(d) The Complete Works of Shakespeare.
2. What was the name of the hero's horse in the western they found?
(c) Black Ranger.
(d) White Lightning.
3. What does Father say Jim and Stacker's legs are like when they're pulling up stumps?
4. What are the names of the two horses on the farm?
(a) Matilda and Martha.
(b) Stacker and Stumper.
(c) Jim and Joe.
(d) Jim and Stacker.
5. What time of day does Father leave for the fields?
(a) Just after it gets light.
(b) Around seven in the morning.
(c) Around eight-thirty in the morning.
(d) Before it gets light.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the straw pile near the barn come?
2. How many people are in Eldon's family?
3. Where was Father sitting when Eldon sees Mother rubbing Father's shoulders?
4. What is the name carved into a log in the barn?
5. What does Father usually eat before heading to the fields in the morning?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)