|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alida and Orud the Terrible.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Uncle David say he was when he heard the story of Orud?
(b) He doesn't say.
2. What is it about going to town that Eldon likes best?
(a) The candy.
(b) The time with his dad.
(c) The chance to buy a new comic book.
(d) The time away from chores.
3. What had Wayne once made wings out of in an attempt to fly?
(a) A broom handle and a sheet.
(b) Several old kites.
(c) Sticks and feed sacks.
(d) Pillow cases and cane poles.
4. What kind of drink does Mother bring for the picnic at the lake?
(a) Raspberry drink.
5. What does Father say that lets Eldon know it's fall?
(a) It's fall.
(b) The leaves are beginning to fall.
(c) Summer is over.
(d) We're going to the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother's reaction to Uncle David's story about Alida?
2. How long does Mother stay at the quilting bee at the end of fall?
3. Why does David say he put the handkerchief on his head when he and Alida were married?
4. Where was Father sitting when Eldon sees Mother rubbing Father's shoulders?
5. How does Eldon describe the sound he hears when Wayne hits the horse?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)