|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alida and Orud the Terrible.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family dog spend most of its time?
(b) Chasing squirrels.
(c) Sitting on the porch.
(d) Guarding the cows.
2. What is the F-12?
(a) A gun.
(b) A plane.
(c) A pickup.
(d) A tractor.
3. How much does Father say the horses weigh?
(a) Close to a ton each.
(b) A couple of hundred pounds each.
(c) Close to a hundred pounds each.
(d) He doesn't say.
4. According to Eldon, who can eat "like six young men"?
(b) Uncle David.
(d) Old man Ransen.
5. What had Wayne once made wings out of in an attempt to fly?
(a) Several old kites.
(b) Pillow cases and cane poles.
(c) Sticks and feed sacks.
(d) A broom handle and a sheet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family's dog?
2. What does Uncle David say is the reason there's so much work in the summer?
3. Why does the blacksmith have to sharpen the plows every summer?
4. How many cleared acres are there on the family's farm?
5. What is Alida carrying the first time David sees her?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)