|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Alida and Orud the Terrible.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the animals killed each fall does Eldon say is the worst?
(a) The chickens.
(b) The pig.
(c) The geese.
(d) The steer.
2. What does Father say Jim and Stacker's legs are like when they're pulling up stumps?
3. When another man also wants the woman as his wife, how is the argument settled?
(a) The other men on the ship decide.
(b) Orud and the man fight.
(c) The woman chooses.
(d) Orud and the man draw straws.
4. What do Eldon and Wayne sleep on?
(a) Pallets on the floor.
(b) Bunk beds.
(c) They share a full-sized bed.
(d) The couch.
5. How many seagulls arrive each summer during plowing season?
(a) Only a few.
(b) Maybe twenty or thirty.
(c) About a dozen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wayne want to do when he grows up?
2. What is Uncle David doing the first time he sees Alida?
3. Who says fall is a favorite time of year?
4. What do Eldon and Wayne do with the grain shovels the day after the first snowfall?
5. What is upstairs in the barn?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)