|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstance heavily influenced the writing of Hamlet?
(a) The death of Will’s son
(b) The birth of Will’s daughter
(c) The death of Will’s wife
(d) Will’s impending death
2. What activities did the important group of playwrights in London spend much money and time doing?
(a) Drinking and partying
(b) Building theaters
(c) Helping the poor
(d) Traveling abroad
3. Which of these was another prominent playwright (and likely the leader) within the theater community of Will’s day?
(a) Henry Arden
(b) Robert Greene
(c) Edgar Lucy
(d) John Patton
4. In what city did Will live next?
5. In which of Will’s plays are husbands portrayed as neglecting their wives?
(b) King Lear
(c) Julius Caesar
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion is made in Chapter 4 regarding the representation of parenting in Will’s theatrical works?
2. Which play did Will write that contains an important Jewish character (Shylock)?
3. What did Will and Christopher Marlowe have in common?
4. Describe Will’s relationship with the prominent group of playwrights in London during his day.
5. What did Queen Elizabeth require of her subjects, no matter what their religious beliefs were?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)