|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relationship that Will had with what person enabled him to gain more knowledge and have greater access to books?
(a) Christopher Marlowe
(b) Edmund Campion
(c) Richard Field
(d) Robert Greene
2. What trait is characteristic of all Will’s rural characters?
(b) Happiness in marriage
3. In Chapter 8, the author states that the theaters in London were closed. Why was this the case?
(a) Because of financial woes
(b) Because of church sanctions
(c) Because of political unrest
(d) Because of the plague
4. Will’s acquisition of more land in Stratford enabled him to be considered a…
5. Who took Robert Greene in so that he did not have to die on the streets of London?
(a) A shoemaker
(b) An actor
(c) Another playwright
(d) A queen
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is a writing technique that Will used in writing Hamlet?
2. What did Will see upon entering his new home city that made him afraid?
3. What play did Will likely see upon his arrival in London?
4. Describe Queen Elizabeth’s reaction to Richard II.
5. Who staged a rebellion against Queen Elizabeth that is described in Chapter 10?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)