|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Involvement with what local group established the groundwork for Will’s later work in London?
(a) A local brewery
(b) A local acting company
(c) A local government office
(d) A local church
2. What was the watching public’s response to the execution of Queen Elizabeth’s personal doctor?
(a) Cruel laughter
(b) Massive fear
(c) Sympathetic pity
(d) Great remorse
3. Chapter 1 ends with a discussion of…
(a) Will’s claim to fame
(b) Will’s rural roots
(c) Will’s religious preferences
(d) Will’s brilliance
4. Which of Will’s plays does the removal of motivation for characters’ actions NOT affect?
(c) Twelfth Night
(d) King Lear
5. Both Will and Marlowe utilized main characters in their works from what people group?
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic was prevalent among theaters during Will’s day?
2. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
3. What is another aspect of Will’s early life that impacted his later theatrical career?
4. Which best describes the relationship between Will and Christopher Marlowe?
5. What aspect of social life was very important in Will’s time?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)