|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
(a) A large house
(b) A prison pardon
(c) A sword
(d) A coat of arms
2. Who took Robert Greene in so that he did not have to die on the streets of London?
(a) Another playwright
(b) A queen
(c) An actor
(d) A shoemaker
3. Which important person in Will’s life supported the rebellion against the queen led by the Earl of Essex?
(a) The Earl of Southampton
(b) Christopher Marlowe
(c) Richard Field
(d) The Duke of York
4. What is the basic plot of Will’s play Richard II?
(a) A powerful monarch gets sick
(b) A feeble monarch is deposed
(c) A strong monarch is overthrown
(d) A cowardly monarch flees the country
5. What was the name of Will’s mother?
(a) Susanna Marlowe
(b) Lucy Campion
(c) Esther Arden
(d) Mary Arden
Short Answer Questions
1. What object did Will finally obtain that was a status symbol for his family?
2. Which of Will’s plays does NOT discuss loss of social status?
3. In which of Will’s plays are husbands portrayed as neglecting their wives?
4. On whose estate did Will engage in illegal activity?
5. Who did the Earl of Southampton eventually marry?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)