|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things was NOT an aspect of deer poaching during Will’s day?
(a) It was a test of cleverness
(b) It was a test of skill
(c) It was a test of manhood
(d) It was a test of language
2. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
(a) A prison pardon
(b) A sword
(c) A coat of arms
(d) A large house
3. Where did Will go, apparently in retreat, shortly after his marriage?
4. Which of Will’s plays does the removal of motivation for characters’ actions NOT affect?
(b) King Lear
(c) Twelfth Night
5. Where was Will’s family living while he was in London?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in Will’s Titus Andronicus was treated in a particularly horrific way?
2. What was a result of the production of Hamlet?
3. On whose estate did Will engage in illegal activity?
4. Chapter 3 begins with a discussion of…
5. Which description of Sir John Falstaff is NOT reflective of the people on whom his character is based?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)