|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which play is presented in Chapter 5 as portraying Will’s empathy with citizens of the lower classes?
(a) King Lear
(b) Romeo and Juliet
(c) Henry VI
(d) Henry IV
2. Which is NOT a description of Christopher Marlowe?
(a) Socially and politically outspoken
(b) A drinker and a brawler
(c) Sexually liberated
(d) Dedicated to the church
3. What theater was at the center of a dispute described in Chapter 10?
(a) The Globe
(b) The Throne Room
(c) The Rose
(d) New Place
4. Which of the following was NOT a difference between Will and his wife?
(b) Financial means
5. Which of these was NOT an element of patronage during Will’s day?
(a) Adoption into the patron’s family
(b) Social advancement
(c) Legal protection
(d) Financial support
Short Answer Questions
1. Which description of Sir John Falstaff is NOT reflective of the people on whom his character is based?
2. Which person associated with Queen Elizabeth was executed on accusations of heresy and treason?
3. What characteristic was prevalent among theaters during Will’s day?
4. Where did Will possibly live between the time of his school days and his marriage?
5. What is the name of an epic poem that Will wrote?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)