|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which best describes the relationship between Will and Christopher Marlowe?
(a) Full of professional rivalry yet possible friendship
(c) One of great collaboration and mutual financial profit
(d) Full of hatred and underhanded competition
2. In which of Will’s plays do characters get married because of an unhealthy obsession?
(d) Midsummer Night's Dream
3. Who wrote Tamburlaine the Great?
(a) Sir Thomas Lucy
(b) Robert Greene
(c) Christopher Marlowe
(d) Anne Hathaway
4. What was the main purpose for Will writing Venus and Adonis?
(a) To gain favor
(b) To make a religious statement
(c) To make a political statement
(d) To get out of jail
5. What important thing was developed in Will through his early education?
(a) Stellar grammar
(b) A love of language
(c) A love of mathematics
(d) Financial independence
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, who was the reigning monarch of England?
2. Which of Will’s plays was being performed during the rebellion by the Earl of Essex?
3. Choose the word that best describes the family of Will’s mother.
4. What was John Shakespeare’s primary occupation?
5. What was a difference between Will and Christopher Marlowe that is presented in Chapter 6?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)