|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suggestion is made in Chapter 4 regarding the representation of parenting in Will’s theatrical works?
(a) The female carried all of the parental responsibilities
(b) Parenting was not desirable
(c) Parenting was extremely desirable
(d) The male carried all of the parental responsibilities
2. In which play did Will NOT poke fun at the members of the prominent group of playwrights in London during his day?
(a) King Lear
(c) The Merry Wives of Windsor
(d) Twelfth Night
3. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
(a) A coat of arms
(b) A large house
(c) A sword
(d) A prison pardon
4. What was the main purpose for Will writing Venus and Adonis?
(a) To make a religious statement
(b) To get out of jail
(c) To gain favor
(d) To make a political statement
5. Chapter 5 begins with an examination of…
(a) Will’s health
(b) Will’s reasons for leaving Stratford
(c) Will’s childhood
(d) Will’s financial state
Short Answer Questions
1. What play did Will likely see upon his arrival in London?
2. What was a popular way of teaching students in Will’s school?
3. What does Tamburlaine the Great contain that impacted Will’s own writing?
4. In what city did Will live next?
5. Describe Will’s relationship with the prominent group of playwrights in London during his day.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)