|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which theme in Will’s later works likely stemmed from his family life?
(a) Loss of status and its restoration
(b) Criminal activity
(c) Political activism
(d) Maintaining a good marriage
2. Why did “The Queen’s Men” supposedly need an additional actor?
(a) One of their members had quit
(b) One of their members had been arrested
(c) One of their members had gotten the plague
(d) One of their members had been killed
3. Which character in Will’s Titus Andronicus was treated in a particularly horrific way?
(b) King Lear
4. Which popular poet of the day attempted to defend Will and his work?
(a) Richard Field
(b) Sir Thomas Lucy
(c) Christopher Marlowe
(d) Thomas Nashe
5. What was a possible hindrance for Will’s traveling to London at this time?
(a) He wanted to stay with his family
(b) He was sick
(c) He had no money
(d) He had no license or letter from a patron
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another aspect of Will’s early life that impacted his later theatrical career?
2. Where did Will go, apparently in retreat, shortly after his marriage?
3. What was Will licensed for during the time that he lived in Stratford?
4. In which play did Will NOT poke fun at the members of the prominent group of playwrights in London during his day?
5. Where did Richard Field live?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)