|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happened to Edmund Campion?
(a) He was made mayor
(b) He was given a large sum of money
(c) He died of old age
(d) He was executed
2. How did Will feel about a future career in theater?
(a) He did not care
(b) He felt torn between theater and teaching
(c) He liked the idea of it very much
(d) He did not like the idea of it at all
3. What did Will apparently believe in as the “ultimate religion?”
(a) Roman Catholicism
(d) Romantic love
4. Which play is presented in Chapter 5 as portraying Will’s empathy with citizens of the lower classes?
(a) Henry VI
(b) King Lear
(c) Henry IV
(d) Romeo and Juliet
5. What did Will see upon entering his new home city that made him afraid?
(a) People dying from the plague
(b) An army of soldiers coming out to meet him
(c) Heads of executed men impaled on spears
(d) The crumbling defenses of the city
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Will try to avoid writing incriminating documents?
2. Why did “The Queen’s Men” supposedly need an additional actor?
3. In which of Will’s plays do characters get married because of an unhealthy obsession?
4. Chapter 5 begins with an examination of…
5. Who wrote Tamburlaine the Great?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)