|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The relationship that Will had with what person enabled him to gain more knowledge and have greater access to books?
(a) Richard Field
(b) Robert Greene
(c) Christopher Marlowe
(d) Edmund Campion
2. What object did Will finally obtain that was a status symbol for his family?
(a) A coat of arms
(b) A large flock of sheep
(c) A large carriage
(d) An engraved silver sword
3. What was John Shakespeare’s primary occupation?
(c) Glove maker
4. What was a popular way of teaching students in Will’s school?
(a) Independent studies at home
(b) Enacting classical plays
(c) Reading many texts
(d) Travel abroad
5. What eventually happened to Edmund Campion?
(a) He was made mayor
(b) He died of old age
(c) He was given a large sum of money
(d) He was executed
Short Answer Questions
1. Which theme in Will’s later works likely stemmed from his family life?
2. What is a possible evidence for John’s Shakespeare’s suspected alcoholism?
3. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
4. Which is a likely description of Will’s marriage?
5. What was the result of Will’s threatened punishment for his illegal activity?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)