|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Will go after leaving the county where he met Campion?
2. Chapter 1 ends with a discussion of…
(a) Will’s claim to fame
(b) Will’s brilliance
(c) Will’s religious preferences
(d) Will’s rural roots
3. Which of these is a skill that Will needed to learn in order to be successful as an actor?
(a) The ability to speak many other languages
(b) The ability to use a sword effectively
(c) The ability to run very fast
(d) The ability to cook well
4. What eventually happened to Edmund Campion?
(a) He was made mayor
(b) He was given a large sum of money
(c) He was executed
(d) He died of old age
5. Which early farcical play written by Will was likely influenced by his studies in school?
(a) Comedy of Errors
(b) Henry IV
Short Answer Questions
1. What character in King Lear may reflect the plight of Edmund Campion?
2. Gloves during this time were made from which material?
3. Who was primarily responsible for the loss of social standing in Will’s family?
4. Why did “The Queen’s Men” supposedly need an additional actor?
5. In which of these writings did Will refer to his wife?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)