|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object did Will finally obtain that was a status symbol for his family?
(a) A large carriage
(b) A coat of arms
(c) A large flock of sheep
(d) An engraved silver sword
2. What suggestion is made in Chapter 4 regarding the representation of parenting in Will’s theatrical works?
(a) Parenting was not desirable
(b) Parenting was extremely desirable
(c) The male carried all of the parental responsibilities
(d) The female carried all of the parental responsibilities
3. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
(a) A sword
(b) A prison pardon
(c) A large house
(d) A coat of arms
4. What was Will licensed for during the time that he lived in Stratford?
5. Gloves during this time were made from which material?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Will’s plays does NOT include a reference to gloves?
2. In Chapter 3, what occupation is presented as one that Will might have done while living in Lancashire?
3. What main theme in presented in Chapter 4 as occurring in many of Will’s later theatrical works?
4. What did Will apparently believe in as the “ultimate religion?”
5. Will’s wife was likely of what faith?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)