|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 3 begins with a discussion of…
(a) The health challenges prevalent during Will’s time
(b) The typical rural English household
(c) The dangers of traveling by road during Will’s day
(d) The type of clothes Will would have worn
2. What aspect of social life was very important in Will’s time?
3. What object did Will finally obtain that was a status symbol for his family?
(a) A large flock of sheep
(b) A coat of arms
(c) A large carriage
(d) An engraved silver sword
4. In Chapter 3, what occupation is presented as one that Will might have done while living in Lancashire?
5. Which of Will’s plays does NOT discuss loss of social status?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(b) Twelfth Night
(c) The Merchant of Venice
(d) The Tempest
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another aspect of Will’s early life that impacted his later theatrical career?
2. What trait is characteristic of all Will’s rural characters?
3. Will attended a school that was most likely for…
4. Which early farcical play written by Will was likely influenced by his studies in school?
5. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)