|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important thing was developed in Will through his early education?
(a) A love of mathematics
(b) A love of language
(c) Stellar grammar
(d) Financial independence
2. What aspect of social life was very important in Will’s time?
3. Choose the word that best describes the family of Will’s mother.
4. Chapter 1 ends with a discussion of…
(a) Will’s rural roots
(b) Will’s brilliance
(c) Will’s religious preferences
(d) Will’s claim to fame
5. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
(a) A prison pardon
(b) A coat of arms
(c) A large house
(d) A sword
Short Answer Questions
1. Which theme in Will’s later works likely stemmed from his family life?
2. Will’s early education was most likely conducted in what language?
3. Which member of Will’s family seemed to be sympathetic towards Roman Catholics and militant Protestants?
4. In what country is Stratford located?
5. What was Will licensed for during the time that he lived in Stratford?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)