|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Shakespeare’s primary occupation?
(b) Glove maker
2. How did Will feel about a future career in theater?
(a) He felt torn between theater and teaching
(b) He did not care
(c) He liked the idea of it very much
(d) He did not like the idea of it at all
3. John Shakespeare was unable to send Will to…
4. Will attended a school that was most likely for…
(b) Religious students only
(c) Boys and girls alike
(d) Upper middle class students
5. Which of these is a skill that Will needed to learn in order to be successful as an actor?
(a) The ability to use a sword effectively
(b) The ability to cook well
(c) The ability to speak many other languages
(d) The ability to run very fast
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Will’s plays does NOT include a reference to gloves?
2. Where did Will possibly live between the time of his school days and his marriage?
3. What trait is characteristic of all Will’s rural characters?
4. What important thing was developed in Will through his early education?
5. What eventually happened to Edmund Campion?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)