|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object did Will finally obtain that was a status symbol for his family?
(a) A large carriage
(b) A large flock of sheep
(c) An engraved silver sword
(d) A coat of arms
2. Which of Will’s plays does NOT discuss loss of social status?
(a) The Merchant of Venice
(b) Twelfth Night
(c) Romeo and Juliet
(d) The Tempest
3. John Shakespeare was unable to send Will to…
4. What illegal activity was John Shakespeare involved in?
(a) Illicit wool dealing
(b) Deer poaching
(c) Whiskey brewing
5. What important thing was developed in Will through his early education?
(a) A love of language
(b) Financial independence
(c) Stellar grammar
(d) A love of mathematics
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Will’s plays does NOT include a reference to gloves?
2. Which theme in Will’s later works likely stemmed from his family life?
3. Who is NOT an example of a villainous character in Will’s later work that stemmed from exposure to plays in his younger years?
4. What was Will’s home town?
5. Chapter 1 begins with a discussion of…
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)