|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Stratford located?
2. Gloves during this time were made from which material?
3. Who was primarily responsible for the loss of social standing in Will’s family?
(a) Will's mother
(b) Will's grandfather
(c) Will's father
(d) Will himself
4. What is a possible evidence for John’s Shakespeare’s suspected alcoholism?
(a) Drunken father-like figures in several of Will’s plays
(b) Complaints made by Will’s mother
(c) Detailed descriptions of John Shakespeare’s alcoholism
(d) Written statements by Will’s siblings
5. What position did Will’s father, John, hold in Stratford?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Shakespeare’s primary occupation?
2. Will’s early education was most likely conducted in what language?
3. John Shakespeare was unable to send Will to…
4. What was a popular way of teaching students in Will’s school?
5. What is another aspect of Will’s early life that impacted his later theatrical career?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)