|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was primarily responsible for the loss of social standing in Will’s family?
(a) Will himself
(b) Will's father
(c) Will's mother
(d) Will's grandfather
2. What was Will’s home town?
3. Who is NOT an example of a villainous character in Will’s later work that stemmed from exposure to plays in his younger years?
4. What was John Shakespeare’s primary occupation?
(a) Glove maker
5. Which of Will’s plays does NOT include a reference to gloves?
(b) Midsummer Night's Dream
(c) Twelfth Night
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 1 begins with a discussion of…
2. Will attended a school that was most likely for…
3. Choose the word that best describes the family of Will’s mother.
4. Which early farcical play written by Will was likely influenced by his studies in school?
5. What was a popular way of teaching students in Will’s school?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)