|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Stratford located?
2. What was the main purpose for Will writing Venus and Adonis?
(a) To make a religious statement
(b) To make a political statement
(c) To gain favor
(d) To get out of jail
3. Why did Will try to avoid writing incriminating documents?
(a) He did not have much physical strength
(b) He was too busy with other things
(c) He was afraid of being accused of treason
(d) He had a personal conviction against this activity
4. Who did the Earl of Southampton eventually marry?
(a) A princess from France
(b) One of the queen’s maids
(c) Will’s sister
(d) Will’s daughter
5. Which of these descriptions does NOT reflect Will’s relationship with the Globe Theater?
(a) Important actor
(b) Principal playwright
(c) Key investor
(d) Chief critic
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Will publish in rebuttal of Robert Greene’s written attacks?
2. Gloves during this time were made from which material?
3. What eventually happened to Edmund Campion?
4. Where did Will possibly live between the time of his school days and his marriage?
5. What phrase best describes life outside the ancient Roman wall surrounding London in Will’s day?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)