|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Queen Elizabeth require of her subjects, no matter what their religious beliefs were?
(a) Public baptism
(b) Tithing to the Protestant church
(c) Commitment to marriage
(d) Attendance of the weekly government-mandated church services
2. What was the name of Will’s wife?
(a) Mary Arden
(b) Juliet Greene
(c) Rosalie Campion
(d) Anne Hathaway
3. Describe Will’s relationship with the prominent group of playwrights in London during his day.
(a) He fit in well with them
(b) He copied their plays
(c) He was extremely angry at them
(d) He did not fit in with them
4. Which best describes the relationship between Will and Christopher Marlowe?
(a) Full of professional rivalry yet possible friendship
(c) One of great collaboration and mutual financial profit
(d) Full of hatred and underhanded competition
5. Chapter 8 focuses mostly on Will’s…
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique does the author use at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. Which character in Will’s Titus Andronicus was treated in a particularly horrific way?
3. Which of these was NOT a major location of recreation in London during Will’s day?
4. Which best describes the theme of Venus and Adonis?
5. Which character in one of Will’s works especially reflects the encounters that Will had with two of the members of the important group of playwrights in London?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)