|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happened to Edmund Campion?
(a) He was given a large sum of money
(b) He died of old age
(c) He was made mayor
(d) He was executed
2. What people group was deported from England hundreds of years before Will’s time?
3. Who took Robert Greene in so that he did not have to die on the streets of London?
(a) An actor
(b) A queen
(c) A shoemaker
(d) Another playwright
4. What play did Will write shortly after Richard II that is one of his most remarkable achievements?
(c) Richard II
(d) King Lear
5. In Chapter 3, what occupation is presented as one that Will might have done while living in Lancashire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Will’s relationship with the prominent group of playwrights in London during his day.
2. What illegal activity was Will possibly involved in?
3. Who was the prominent and hunted Catholic leader that Will met during this time?
4. What play did Will likely see upon his arrival in London?
5. Which member of the important group of playwrights in London was particularly opposed to Will’s success?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)