|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1 begins with a discussion of…
(a) Will's baptism
(b) Will's marriage
(c) Will's death
(d) Will's early childhood
2. What important thing was developed in Will through his early education?
(a) A love of mathematics
(b) Stellar grammar
(c) Financial independence
(d) A love of language
3. What suggestion is made in Chapter 4 regarding the representation of parenting in Will’s theatrical works?
(a) Parenting was extremely desirable
(b) The female carried all of the parental responsibilities
(c) Parenting was not desirable
(d) The male carried all of the parental responsibilities
4. Which theme in Will’s later works likely stemmed from his family life?
(a) Loss of status and its restoration
(b) Maintaining a good marriage
(c) Political activism
(d) Criminal activity
5. Where did Will go after leaving the county where he met Campion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which early farcical play written by Will was likely influenced by his studies in school?
2. Where did Will go, apparently in retreat, shortly after his marriage?
3. In which of these writings did Will refer to his wife?
4. Will attended a school that was most likely for…
5. In what country is Stratford located?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)