|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Choose the word that best describes the family of Will’s mother.
2. Who was the prominent and hunted Catholic leader that Will met during this time?
(a) John Shakespeare
(b) Robert Greene
(c) Edmund Campion
(d) Christopher Marlowe
3. Which of the following was NOT a difference between Will and his wife?
(c) Financial means
4. Involvement with what local group established the groundwork for Will’s later work in London?
(a) A local church
(b) A local acting company
(c) A local government office
(d) A local brewery
5. In which of Will’s plays are husbands portrayed as neglecting their wives?
(b) Julius Caesar
(d) King Lear
Short Answer Questions
1. Choose the phrase that most accurately describes Will’s wife.
2. In which of Will’s plays do characters get married because of an unhealthy obsession?
3. Will’s early education was most likely conducted in what language?
4. What did Will apparently believe in as the “ultimate religion?”
5. Which of Will’s plays does NOT include a reference to gloves?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)