|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
(a) A coat of arms
(b) A prison pardon
(c) A sword
(d) A large house
2. Which of Will’s plays does NOT include a reference to gloves?
(a) Midsummer Night's Dream
(c) Twelfth Night
3. Will attended a school that was most likely for…
(b) Religious students only
(c) Boys and girls alike
(d) Upper middle class students
4. Which is a likely description of Will’s marriage?
(a) Unhappy and unfulfilled
(d) Happy and fulfilled
5. What was a possible hindrance for Will’s traveling to London at this time?
(a) He wanted to stay with his family
(b) He had no money
(c) He had no license or letter from a patron
(d) He was sick
Short Answer Questions
1. The urgency of Will’s marriage is reflected in two characters from which of his plays?
2. John Shakespeare was unable to send Will to…
3. Will’s early education was most likely conducted in what language?
4. Choose the word that best describes the family of Will’s mother.
5. Which member of Will’s family seemed to be sympathetic towards Roman Catholics and militant Protestants?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)