|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which play did Will NOT poke fun at the members of the prominent group of playwrights in London during his day?
(a) Twelfth Night
(b) The Merry Wives of Windsor
(c) King Lear
2. How did Will feel about a future career in theater?
(a) He liked the idea of it very much
(b) He did not care
(c) He did not like the idea of it at all
(d) He felt torn between theater and teaching
3. In which of Will’s plays are there characters of unequal mental or spiritual status?
(b) Romeo and Juliet
(d) As You Like It
4. What main theme in presented in Chapter 4 as occurring in many of Will’s later theatrical works?
(d) Hard work
5. What play did Will likely see upon his arrival in London?
(a) Tamburlaine the Great
(b) As You Like It
(d) Elizabeth I
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was primarily responsible for the loss of social standing in Will’s family?
2. Which of these was a prominent playwright within the theater community of Will’s day?
3. In which of Will’s plays does Sir John Falstaff appear?
4. Which of these is a skill that Will needed to learn in order to be successful as an actor?
5. Gloves during this time were made from which material?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)