|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Will’s wife was likely of what faith?
(c) Roman Catholicism
2. In which of these writings did Will refer to his wife?
(a) His theater contract
(b) His will
(c) His sonnets
(d) His epic poems
3. What did Will publish in rebuttal of Robert Greene’s written attacks?
(a) A public announcement
(c) A play
(d) A letter
4. What object did Will finally obtain that was a status symbol for his family?
(a) A coat of arms
(b) A large carriage
(c) A large flock of sheep
(d) An engraved silver sword
5. Gloves during this time were made from which material?
Short Answer Questions
1. Choose the phrase that most accurately describes Will’s wife.
2. Which of these was NOT a major location of recreation in London during Will’s day?
3. Which member of Will’s family seemed to be sympathetic towards Roman Catholics and militant Protestants?
4. Which of these was a prominent playwright within the theater community of Will’s day?
5. Which theme in Will’s later works likely stemmed from his family life?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)