|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was primarily responsible for the loss of social standing in Will’s family?
(a) Will's father
(b) Will's grandfather
(c) Will himself
(d) Will's mother
2. What object did Will finally obtain that was a status symbol for his family?
(a) A large flock of sheep
(b) A coat of arms
(c) An engraved silver sword
(d) A large carriage
3. Who was the prominent and hunted Catholic leader that Will met during this time?
(a) Robert Greene
(b) Edmund Campion
(c) John Shakespeare
(d) Christopher Marlowe
4. What phrase best describes life outside the ancient Roman wall surrounding London in Will’s day?
(a) Filled with prisons
(b) Filled with recreation areas
(c) Filled with people from other countries
(d) Filled with animals
5. In which of Will’s plays does Sir John Falstaff appear?
(c) Henry IV
(d) Henry VI
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these was NOT one of Will’s early comedies?
2. Which character in one of Will’s works especially reflects the encounters that Will had with two of the members of the important group of playwrights in London?
3. Which of Will’s plays was particularly influenced by the work of Christopher Marlowe?
4. What word or phrase does NOT describe life inside the ancient Roman wall surrounding London in Will’s day?
5. Describe Will’s relationship with the prominent group of playwrights in London during his day.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)