|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which description does NOT fit the members of the important group of playwrights in London during Will’s day?
(a) University educated
(b) Generous and mild
(c) Outcasts from their families
(d) Intent upon making a mark in theater
2. In which play did Will NOT poke fun at the members of the prominent group of playwrights in London during his day?
(a) Twelfth Night
(c) The Merry Wives of Windsor
(d) King Lear
3. Which theme in Will’s later works likely stemmed from his family life?
(a) Maintaining a good marriage
(b) Political activism
(c) Criminal activity
(d) Loss of status and its restoration
4. What phrase best describes life outside the ancient Roman wall surrounding London in Will’s day?
(a) Filled with people from other countries
(b) Filled with recreation areas
(c) Filled with animals
(d) Filled with prisons
5. Will’s wife was likely of what faith?
(b) Roman Catholicism
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a difference between Will and Christopher Marlowe that is presented in Chapter 6?
2. Which member of Will’s family seemed to be sympathetic towards Roman Catholics and militant Protestants?
3. In which of these writings did Will refer to his wife?
4. What object did John Shakespeare unsuccessfully attempt to purchase to help the family’s social standing?
5. What is a possible evidence for John’s Shakespeare’s suspected alcoholism?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)