|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these was NOT a major location of recreation in London during Will’s day?
(a) Bear-baiting pits
(c) Horse tracks
2. What object did Will finally obtain that was a status symbol for his family?
(a) A coat of arms
(b) A large flock of sheep
(c) An engraved silver sword
(d) A large carriage
3. Choose the word that best describes the family of Will’s mother.
4. Which character in one of Will’s works especially reflects the encounters that Will had with two of the members of the important group of playwrights in London?
(b) King Lear
(c) John Cade
5. Which theme in Will’s later works likely stemmed from his family life?
(a) Loss of status and its restoration
(b) Criminal activity
(c) Maintaining a good marriage
(d) Political activism
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase best describes life outside the ancient Roman wall surrounding London in Will’s day?
2. Which of Will’s plays does NOT include a reference to gloves?
3. Which of these prominent playwrights died last?
4. What word or phrase does NOT describe life inside the ancient Roman wall surrounding London in Will’s day?
5. What characteristic of Campion might have hindered Will’s future work in theater?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)