|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Involvement with what local group established the groundwork for Will’s later work in London?
(a) A local acting company
(b) A local church
(c) A local brewery
(d) A local government office
2. What particular aspect did the public want in their plays during Will’s day?
(a) Human dignity
3. How did Will feel about a future career in theater?
(a) He did not care
(b) He felt torn between theater and teaching
(c) He liked the idea of it very much
(d) He did not like the idea of it at all
4. Which of Will’s plays was particularly influenced by the work of Christopher Marlowe?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(b) Henry VI
(d) King Lear
5. The relationship that Will had with what person enabled him to gain more knowledge and have greater access to books?
(a) Edmund Campion
(b) Richard Field
(c) Christopher Marlowe
(d) Robert Greene
Short Answer Questions
1. What people group was deported from England hundreds of years before Will’s time?
2. In Chapter 3, what occupation is presented as one that Will might have done while living in Lancashire?
3. Where did Will possibly live between the time of his school days and his marriage?
4. Which play did Will write that contains an important Jewish character (Shylock)?
5. Which is NOT a description of Will?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)