|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the watching public’s response to the execution of Queen Elizabeth’s personal doctor?
(a) Cruel laughter
(b) Massive fear
(c) Sympathetic pity
(d) Great remorse
2. What was a difference between Will and Christopher Marlowe that is presented in Chapter 6?
(a) Marlowe was a more prolific writer than Will
(b) Will was better read and more educated than Marlowe
(c) Will was happily married, and Marlowe was not
(d) Marlowe was better read and more educated than Will
3. Where did Will go after leaving the county where he met Campion?
4. What people group was deported from England hundreds of years before Will’s time?
5. What technique does the author use at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Intended forgetfulness
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a possible hindrance for Will’s traveling to London at this time?
2. What particular aspect did the public want in their plays during Will’s day?
3. What eventually happened to Edmund Campion?
4. What word or phrase does NOT describe life inside the ancient Roman wall surrounding London in Will’s day?
5. Which of these WAS an aspect of life inside the ancient Roman wall in London?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)