|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tamburlaine the Great contain that impacted Will’s own writing?
(a) Epic poems
(b) Massive spectacles
(d) Mean characters
2. What was a difference between Will and Christopher Marlowe that is presented in Chapter 6?
(a) Will was happily married, and Marlowe was not
(b) Marlowe was a more prolific writer than Will
(c) Marlowe was better read and more educated than Will
(d) Will was better read and more educated than Marlowe
3. Both Will and Marlowe utilized main characters in their works from what people group?
4. How did Will feel about a future career in theater?
(a) He did not like the idea of it at all
(b) He liked the idea of it very much
(c) He did not care
(d) He felt torn between theater and teaching
5. What was the name of Christopher Marlowe’s play that was about a Jew?
(a) The Jew of Malta
(b) Come Alongside Me
(c) Tamburlaine the Great
(d) As You Like It
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT a description of Christopher Marlowe?
2. What technique does the author use at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. In England during Will’s day, many Jews had superficially converted to which religion?
4. What word or phrase does NOT describe life inside the ancient Roman wall surrounding London in Will’s day?
5. What was the watching public’s response to the execution of Queen Elizabeth’s personal doctor?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)