|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happened to Edmund Campion?
(a) He died of old age
(b) He was executed
(c) He was given a large sum of money
(d) He was made mayor
2. What play did Will likely see upon his arrival in London?
(b) Elizabeth I
(c) As You Like It
(d) Tamburlaine the Great
3. Which play did Will write that contains an important Jewish character (Shylock)?
(a) The Merchant of Venice
(b) King Lear
4. Who wrote Tamburlaine the Great?
(a) Anne Hathaway
(b) Christopher Marlowe
(c) Sir Thomas Lucy
(d) Robert Greene
5. Chapter 3 begins with a discussion of…
(a) The health challenges prevalent during Will’s time
(b) The typical rural English household
(c) The type of clothes Will would have worn
(d) The dangers of traveling by road during Will’s day
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Will licensed for during the time that he lived in Stratford?
2. Where did Richard Field live?
3. In Chapter 9, who was the reigning monarch of England?
4. Which member of Will’s family seemed to be sympathetic towards Roman Catholics and militant Protestants?
5. Which of Will’s plays was particularly influenced by the work of Christopher Marlowe?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)