|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The World That the Bible Produced.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Friedman compare the resistance toward Biblical analysis?
(a) the discovery of Newtonian gravity.
(b) medical dissection of human cadavers.
(c) the creation of the atomic bomb.
(d) the idea that the eart is round.
2. How does Friedman build the case that Author E favored Israel and was, in fact, from Israel, probably the city of Shiloh?
(a) through the coded messages in the story.
(b) through the process of elimination.
(c) through historical and archeological discoveries.
(d) through analysis of the Ten Commandments story.
3. What was different after David died and his son became King?
(a) Solomon became a greater conqueror.
(b) Solomon held elections among the tribes.
(c) Solomon moved the capital to Beersheba.
(d) Solomon was peaceful, not going to war like David.
4. Oddly enough, where do the Judeans flee when under attack by Assyria and Babylonia?
(d) the wilderness.
5. To what can the resulting image of God from all authors be compared?
(a) parents who are indulgent of their children.
(b) human parents disciplining their children.
(c) humans who abandon their children.
(d) total chaos in the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does J get around the problem of images in the north and south?
2. What does Friedman propose about Author J?
3. Who became prophets?
4. What is inferred about the Davidic Covenant in the revised Deuteronomy?
5. How long has the Bible been in existence?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)