|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The World That the Bible Produced.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it significant for some to trace their priestly ancestry back to Aaron?
(a) he was more important than Moses.
(b) he was given the Ten Commandments.
(c) he was a goldsmith as well as a priest.
(d) he was the first Jewish High Priest.
2. What is the status of Aaron in the narrative of Author E?
(a) it is sinful status.
(b) it is objectionable status.
(c) it is insignificant status.
(d) it is hero status.
3. What did Isaac ibn Yashush notice in the eleventh century about the list of kings in Genesis 36?
(a) the list is inaccurate.
(b) there were no kings during the time of Moses.
(c) Moses personally knew them all.
(d) it includes people who lived long after Moses.
4. How do Graf and others see the Tabernacle?
(a) as a stop gap measure.
(b) as a building formula.
(c) as a metaphor.
(d) as a fiction, a pious fraud.
5. What King returned to the reforms of King Hezekiah?
(a) King Exra, the phrophet king.
(b) King Josiah, Hezekiah's great grandson
(c) King Belshazzar, a Babylonian appointee.
(d) King Ahab, husband of Jezebel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is King Josiah killed?
2. How does every book in the Pentateuch begin?
3. What happened after the fall of the kingdom of Israel?
4. To what does Friedman compare the resistance toward Biblical analysis?
5. What was so attractive about Wellhausen's summary?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)