|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The World That the Bible Produced.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is seen in the Author J story of Jacob's blessing of his sons and grandsons?
(a) it says nothing about any of the tribes.
(b) it only mentions the tribe of Judah.
(c) it refers only to Joseph.
(d) it mentions the tribes of Ephriam and Manesseh.
2. Why did writer P not include sacrificial animals in his account of Noah's ark?
(a) he is not interested in what happened after the flood.
(b) it is not a sacrifice if there are other animals remaining.
(c) Aaron was not yet the high priest.
(d) he was satisfied with J and E in their accounts.
3. What is seen in the Author E story of Jacob's blessing of his sons and grandsons?
(a) it includes all the tribes that make up Israel.
(b) it has the tribes asking for a king.
(c) it mentions only two tribes.
(d) it only includes the northern tribes of Israel.
4. What was clever about moving the capital from Judah to Jerusalem?
(a) Jerusalem was a thriving trade city.
(b) Jerusalem represented a new beginning.
(c) Jerusalem was centrally located.
(d) Jerusalem did not belong to any tribe.
5. What does Author P insist about the location for sacrifices?
(a) the place must be sanctified by a priest.
(b) sacrifiecs may be made anywhere.
(c) they must be made in Jerusalem.
(d) sacrifices must be made in the cities designated by David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeremiah mention in his writing that none of the other prophets mention?
2. What are the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy commonly called by Christians?
3. Which group of priests do the writers J and P favor?
4. What goes against the First Commandment?
5. What does Friedman say about Jeremiah's familiarity with Author P before the exile?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)