|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14 The World That the Bible Produced.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposed three historical stages for the development of Israel?
(c) Julius Wellhausen.
2. What does Jeremiah mention in his writing that none of the other prophets mention?
(a) the breaking of the tables of stone.
(b) Aaron and the golden calf.
(c) the bronze snake of Moses.
(d) the mountain of transfiguration.
3. What was clever about moving the capital from Judah to Jerusalem?
(a) Jerusalem was centrally located.
(b) Jerusalem was a thriving trade city.
(c) Jerusalem represented a new beginning.
(d) Jerusalem did not belong to any tribe.
4. What is in Deuteronomy to set up the possibility of the fall of Judah?
(a) references to the flood.
(b) references to being pursued.
(c) references to the last king of Judah.
(d) references to being exiled.
5. What story does Friedman use to illustrate the two author concept?
(a) the crossing of the Red Sea.
(b) the creation.
(c) the sacrifice of Isaac.
(d) the flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual speculation does Friedman make regarding the Egyptian bondage?
2. What are the books known as the Early Prophets?
3. What effect did the first suggestions that more than one writer wrote the Pentateuch have on Christian clergy?
4. What does Friedman say about Jeremiah's familiarity with Author P before the exile?
5. How does every book in the Pentateuch begin?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)