Introduction Who Wrote the Bible?
1. How long has the Bible been in existence?
(a) thousands of years.
(b) a millenium.
(c) two thousand years.
(d) five hundred years.
2. With all the people who have read and studied the Bible, what is one thing few of them know?
(a) what languages was it written in.
(b) where it was found.
(c) how many pages are in it.
(d) who wrote it.
3. What is the traditional belief about the authorship of the first five books of the Bible?
(a) that Isaiah wrote them.
(b) that Adam wrote them.
(c) that Noah wrote them.
(d) that Moses wrote them.
4. Why is the authorship of the Bible a comparatively recent field of study?
(a) for centuries the authorship was a guarded secret.
(b) for centuries the clergy accepted the pat answers.
(c) for centuries no one really read the Bible.
(d) for centuries people never read the Bible.
5. What information comes from knowing who wrote the Bible and when it was written?
(a) only what the text means to us today.
(b) whether the text is authentic or not.
(c) how the languages have changed over the years.
(d) what the text meant in the Biblical world itself.
This section contains 6,115 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)