|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the cat concerned would be afraid of him if he sneaked into the barn instead of asking permission?
(a) The birds.
(b) The cows.
(c) The rats.
(d) The pigs.
2. What is the horses' initial response to the idea of Whittington moving into the barn?
(a) They think Whittington will probably be effective against the rats.
(b) They don't have an opinion.
(c) They approve because they like cats.
(d) They disapprove because they dislike cats.
3. What did Ben take before locking himself in the bathroom?
(a) A bottle of beer.
(b) A book of matches.
(c) A piece of pie.
(d) A kitchen knife.
4. What does Whittington compare making mistakes learning to read with?
(a) Making errors while learning to hunt.
(b) Falling down while learning to walk.
(c) Falling off a bike when the training wheels are off.
(d) Making baby sounds while learning to talk.
5. What does Gran give to Abby and Ben when they have upset stomachs?
(a) Licorice tea.
(b) Lemon water.
(c) Ginger tea.
(d) Mint tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Ben ask Whittington to explain?
2. What part of the black hen is injured after she is revived?
3. Why is Bernie afraid to put down rat poison?
4. What problem do his kids have feeding Whittington his tuna?
5. Where does Bernie put Havey after the dog's fight with Whittington?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)