|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, Chapters 16, 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clinches Whittington's place in the family of the barn animals?
(a) Ben and Abby asking about the cat.
(b) The Lady's feeling about Whittington.
(c) Whittington's manner to the chickens.
(d) Whittington's fighting words to the rats.
2. Why does Bernie want horses?
(a) He breeds them to sell.
(b) He just likes them.
(c) He needs them to till the fields.
(d) He breeds them for racing.
3. What does Fitzwarren always buy from sailors?
4. What does Ben say when Whittington purrs?
(a) That Whittington doesn't know what a purr should sound like.
(b) That it sounds more like a chainsaw than a cat.
(c) That it sounds like Whittington is out of practice.
(d) That Whittington has the loudest purr in the world.
5. How much were the chickens bought for at a livestock auction?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Fifty cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do Bernie, Abby, and Ben get up in the mornings to care for the horses?
2. What did Whitington's former family call him?
3. Who identifies Ben's reading problem as dyslexia?
4. Who used to live in the hutch Bernie puts the black hen in?
5. Whose face is Bernie's face like?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)