|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Lady have the children sit?
(a) On a bundle of hay.
(b) Cuddled up to the horses.
(c) On the stable doors.
(d) On the rail with Whittington.
2. What does Bernie put down, to try to make the farm road more passable?
(b) Paving stones.
3. Where do the bantams roost when not sitting on eggs?
(a) Up in the roof rafters.
(b) In the wired chicken roost on the side of the barn.
(c) Up in a tree outside the barn.
(d) On the hay bales.
4. What does Whittington sound like the name of, to the Lady?
(a) A noble.
(b) A country.
(c) A cemetary.
(d) A town.
5. What is the horses' initial response to the idea of Whittington moving into the barn?
(a) They don't have an opinion.
(b) They think Whittington will probably be effective against the rats.
(c) They approve because they like cats.
(d) They disapprove because they dislike cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cat concerned would be afraid of him if he sneaked into the barn instead of asking permission?
2. How old does Dick tell Will Price he is?
3. What ailment causes Bernie to talk about selling out every winter?
4. What birds cause the horses to tear around because the noise reminds them of crowds at the horse races?
5. What did the rats kill the deckled gray for?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)