|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, Chapters 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Lady have the children sit?
(a) On the stable doors.
(b) On a bundle of hay.
(c) On the rail with Whittington.
(d) Cuddled up to the horses.
2. Where does Bernie put Havey after the dog's fight with Whittington?
(a) In the pickup truck.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In the yard behind the Texaco.
(d) In the yard behind the house.
3. How does the Old One react when three young rats laugh at Whittington?
(a) He frowns and growls at them.
(b) He hits them.
(c) He laughs with them.
(d) He smiles but tries to hide it.
4. What is the weather like when Whittington first meets the Lady?
5. What ailment causes Bernie to talk about selling out every winter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Whitington's former family call him?
2. What did the rats kill the deckled gray for?
3. What does Bernie give Ted in exchange for hauling his horses?
4. What word does Ben ask Whittington to explain?
5. What nationality does the Lady say her ancestors are?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)