|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the barn begin to smell like home to the horses?
(a) The chickens and roosters.
(b) A good cleaning.
(c) Green bales of hay.
(d) The spring wind coming through the barn door.
2. What did Whitington's former family call him?
(b) Bent Ear.
(d) Old Gray.
3. What does Bernie put down, to try to make the farm road more passable?
(d) Paving stones.
4. What time do Bernie, Abby, and Ben get up in the mornings to care for the horses?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Five o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
5. What nationality does the Lady say her ancestors are?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernie react to the horses muzzling him?
2. What is the bantams' initial response to the idea of Whittington moving into the barn?
3. Where does Bernie put Havey after the dog's fight with Whittington?
4. What is Gregory's job in his flock?
5. What is Havey named after?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)