|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bernie react to the horses muzzling him?
(a) It makes him sad.
(b) It makes him embarrassed.
(c) It makes him angry.
(d) It makes him smile.
2. What color do the Lady's black tail feathers look in the sunlight?
3. What makes the barn begin to smell like home to the horses?
(a) The spring wind coming through the barn door.
(b) The chickens and roosters.
(c) A good cleaning.
(d) Green bales of hay.
4. What nationality does the Lady say her ancestors are?
5. What time do Bernie, Abby, and Ben get up in the mornings to care for the horses?
(a) Seven o'clock.
(b) Six o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Four o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What birds cause the horses to tear around because the noise reminds them of crowds at the horse races?
2. How many grandchildren does Bernie have?
3. Why is Bernie afraid to put down rat poison?
4. How does Havey get exercise?
5. How does the Lady feel when a flock of ducks flies overhead?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)