|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10, Chapters 35, 36, 37 and 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernie do on his errand that's not an errand?
(a) He lights a cigar and wanders around the old cars out back.
(b) He goes and sits with Haver, petting her.
(c) He sits on the steps and thinks.
(d) He watches the sun setting over the landscape.
2. What does Whittington compare making mistakes learning to read with?
(a) Falling down while learning to walk.
(b) Making errors while learning to hunt.
(c) Making baby sounds while learning to talk.
(d) Falling off a bike when the training wheels are off.
3. What clinches Whittington's place in the family of the barn animals?
(a) Whittington's fighting words to the rats.
(b) Whittington's manner to the chickens.
(c) Ben and Abby asking about the cat.
(d) The Lady's feeling about Whittington.
4. Who steps in to help care for Theo?
(a) Havey and the Lady.
(b) Spooker and Havey.
(c) Whittington and Spooker.
(d) The Lady and Whittington.
5. How does the Lady feel when Whittington uses big words?
Short Answer Questions
1. What birds appear as the weather warms?
2. Who used to live in the hutch Bernie puts the black hen in?
3. Who comes and drives off the predator who attacked the Lady?
4. What did Abby's mom tell her that the night was like once your eyes adjust?
5. What is the rat who crawls out during Whittington's story trying to get?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)