|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sadie suggest may be influencing Jo's recent behavior?
2. What does Daniel know when Jo had told him about Eli's killing Dana?
(a) Daniel can no longer trust Jo.
(b) Daniel will have to report Eli to the police.
(c) Jo probably had a part in Dana's murder.
(d) Jo was going to have an affair with Eli.
3. What does Jo feel after seeing Eli in the library?
4. What does Jo NOT consider when thinking about healing her family?
(a) She assumes Danile will want to repair the marriage.
(b) She assumes she has plenty of time to repair her relationship with Daniel.
(c) Jo assumes her family will believe her.
(d) Jo had confessed to murder to Daniel years ago.
5. What does Eli thank Jo for at the party?
(a) Her help with his dog.
(b) The party favors.
(c) The bottle of wine.
(d) A wonderful meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel reminded of as Jo recounts the events at the police station?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Jo's daughters?
3. Where did Eli and Dana met?
4. Which of the following does Jo NOT notice about her daughter?
5. What is the state of Jo and Daniel's marriage in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the pleasant evening Eli and Jean spend at Jo and Daniel's holiday party.
2. What annoys Jo about Cass' visit?
3. What does Jo learn about the police's decision regarding Eli and why is she personally angry at what the detective insinuates?
4. What does Sadie tell Jo about why Jo's daughters always argue with each other and why is the reason so upsetting for Jo?
5. How does the police detective respond when Jo tells him of Eli's murder confession?
6. How did Eli and Dana's relationship begin and what did Eli get Dana to agree to in a year?
7. What are Jo's thoughts as she drives to Cambridge to report Eli to the police?
8. How does Jo indicate with her actions what she hopes will come from reconnecting with Eli?
9. What are Jo's reactions after she leaves the police station?
10. How does Jo not pick up on why Daniel is upset with her after she meets Eli?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)