|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel throw against a wall near Jo as she washes dishes?
(a) A bottle of ketchup.
(b) A baseball.
(c) A water balloon.
(d) A tomato.
2. What consumes Jo's thoughts about Eli?
(a) If he needs some counseling.
(b) If he will propose an affair.
(c) If he really loves Jean.
(d) If he would consider a change in career.
3. What is Daniel reminded of as Jo recounts the events at the police station?
(a) Jo's interest in having an affair with Eli.
(b) A young man he is counseling at church.
(c) Jo's stories about her first husband.
(d) His daughters' disbelief in their mother's story.
4. Jo feels that the only people who will believe Eli's version of the story are ______________________.
(a) People Jo does not care about.
(b) Her daughters.
(c) The police detectives.
(d) Dana's family.
5. When Cass was little and had nightmares, Jo would tell her stories about a character that was based on whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eli think his crime has been canceled out?
2. When does Jo go to the police station?
3. What does Daniel do after the party guests leave?
4. What do Jo and Daniel do on Christmas Day?
5. Why has Sadie called Jo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jo respond when Daniel wants to know if she planned to have an affair with Eli?
2. How does Jo not pick up on why Daniel is upset with her after she meets Eli?
3. What does Jo notice about Cass' physical appearance, and why is she concerned?
4. How has Jo's secret meeting with Eli damaged her relationship with Daniel?
5. What are Jo's thoughts as she drives to Cambridge to report Eli to the police?
6. Why is Jo almost pleased that Daniel threw the tomato at the wall next to her?
7. What type of party does Jo want to have, and whom does she make a special point to call and invite?
8. Why do Jo and Eli meet, and what do each of them say about their respective marriages?
9. What annoys Jo about Cass' visit?
10. What does Jo learn about the police's decision regarding Eli and why is she personally angry at what the detective insinuates?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)