|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the detective want Jo to return to the station?
2. Eli tells Jo that he had been in love with whom?
3. What is the upcoming holiday in Chapter 10?
(a) Fourth of July.
4. Who is the last of Jo's daughters to arrive home for the holidays?
5. What is the state of Jo and Daniel's marriage in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo's daughter tells Jo that she plans to quit __________________.
2. Daniel thinks that Jo's behavior is usually _________________.
3. What does the detective ask Jo about herself?
4. What does Sadie suggest may be influencing Jo's recent behavior?
5. Eli has told the police that Jo squealed on him because ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What assumptions does Jo make about the people in her life after the episode with Eli?
2. What does Jo notice about Cass' physical appearance, and why is she concerned?
3. What does Jo learn about the police's decision regarding Eli and why is she personally angry at what the detective insinuates?
4. What are Jo's thoughts as she drives to Cambridge to report Eli to the police?
5. What type of party does Jo want to have, and whom does she make a special point to call and invite?
6. Describe the setting in which Eli killed Dana.
7. How does Jo's reporting Eli's murder impact Sadie's life in a way Jo never considered?
8. How does Jo not pick up on why Daniel is upset with her after she meets Eli?
9. How does Jo respond when Daniel wants to know if she planned to have an affair with Eli?
10. Why is Daniel both relieved and upset when Jo updates him on the police's unwillingness to investigate Eli?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)