|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sadie's demeanor when she calls Jo a few days later?
2. Which of the following does Jo NOT feel after leaving the police station?
3. Where does Jo's daughter go that night when she asks to borrow the car?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A friend's house.
(c) The airport.
(d) A local bar.
4. Eli is surprised to learn that Daniel is ________________.
(a) A minister.
(b) An author.
(c) A photographer.
(d) An architect.
5. How long had Jo waited to contact the police since she learned of Eli's confession?
(a) A month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eli tells Jo that he had been in love with whom?
2. What does Eli thank Jo for at the party?
3. What does Eli say is the basis of his marriage to Jean?
4. Where do Jo and Daniel go to hear Cass and her band perform?
5. What does the detective ask Jo about herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting in which Eli killed Dana.
2. How does Jo indicate with her actions what she hopes will come from reconnecting with Eli?
3. How has Jo's secret meeting with Eli damaged her relationship with Daniel?
4. What are Jo's thoughts about Eli after they had coffee together?
5. How does Jo indicate by her actions in Boston what her intentions with Eli are?
6. What does Sadie tell Jo about why Jo's daughters always argue with each other and why is the reason so upsetting for Jo?
7. How does Jo respond when Daniel wants to know if she planned to have an affair with Eli?
8. Why does Daniel not respond the way Jo thinks he should when she tells him about reporting Eli to the Cambridge police?
9. Why is Jo almost pleased that Daniel threw the tomato at the wall next to her?
10. Why does Daniel not seem to like Eli?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)