|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has cast doubt on Jo's credibility?
(a) Her extramarital affairs.
(b) Her history of secrecy.
(c) Her drug use.
(d) Her alcoholism.
2. What is Daniel's advice to Jo regarding turning Eli in to the police?
(a) She should let the past stay in the past.
(b) If she doesn't turn Eli in, Daniel will.
(c) She should think about it some more.
(d) She should not fear an investigation.
3. Why has Sadie called Jo?
(a) To ask if she wants to go shopping this weekend.
(b) To say that Jean Bennett will no longer work with Sadie.
(c) To get her opinion on a house she wants to buy.
(d) To invite her to come for dinner on Friday.
4. To whom does Jo write a letter of apology in Chapter 14?
5. What is the occasion for Jo's party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Jo and Daniel's marriage in Chapter 12?
2. When Dana was no longer interested in Eli, he agreed to get her to ______________________.
3. Why does the police detective call and ask Jo to return to the station?
4. What does the detective ask Jo about herself?
5. Which of the following does Jo NOT notice about her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Daniel both relieved and upset when Jo updates him on the police's unwillingness to investigate Eli?
2. Describe the setting in which Eli killed Dana.
3. How does the police detective respond when Jo tells him of Eli's murder confession?
4. What are Jo's reactions after she leaves the police station?
5. How does Jo respond when Daniel wants to know if she planned to have an affair with Eli?
6. Why do Jo and Eli meet, and what do each of them say about their respective marriages?
7. How does Jo indicate by her actions in Boston what her intentions with Eli are?
8. How does Jo indicate with her actions what she hopes will come from reconnecting with Eli?
9. What holiday disaster had Daniel feared, and how did he avoid it?
10. Why is Jo almost pleased that Daniel threw the tomato at the wall next to her?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)