|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jo go after leaving the police station?
(a) She goes to a mall.
(b) She drives by the group house.
(c) She visits Dana's grave.
(d) She goes to Starbucks.
2. Whom does Jo actually have plans to meet?
(c) Her mother.
(d) An attorney.
3. What consumes Jo's thoughts about Eli?
(a) If he needs some counseling.
(b) If he will propose an affair.
(c) If he really loves Jean.
(d) If he would consider a change in career.
4. Jo and Daniel both recall holiday disasters due to ____________________.
(a) Burned food.
(b) Inclement weather.
(c) Travel schedules.
(d) Rivalry between their daughters.
5. What does Daniel do after the party guests leave?
(a) Loads the dishwasher.
(b) Empties ashtrays.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Walks the dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jo not mention when talking to Sadie about Jo's history?
2. What does Jo NOT consider when thinking about healing her family?
3. Which of the following does Jo NOT notice about her daughter?
4. Who is the last of Jo's daughters to arrive home for the holidays?
5. Why did Eli decide to move into the group house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Jo's reactions after she leaves the police station?
2. What are Jo's thoughts about Eli after they had coffee together?
3. Describe the setting in which Eli killed Dana.
4. How does the police detective respond when Jo tells him of Eli's murder confession?
5. How has Jo's secret meeting with Eli damaged her relationship with Daniel?
6. Why does Daniel not respond the way Jo thinks he should when she tells him about reporting Eli to the Cambridge police?
7. How does Jo indicate with her actions what she hopes will come from reconnecting with Eli?
8. Why is Jo almost pleased that Daniel threw the tomato at the wall next to her?
9. How does Jo's reporting Eli's murder impact Sadie's life in a way Jo never considered?
10. What are Jo's thoughts as she drives to Cambridge to report Eli to the police?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)