|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings Eli's dog to Jo's office?
2. Jo's twin daughters are Nora and _________________.
3. What name did Jo go by in college?
(a) Felicia Stead.
(b) Allison Steadman.
(c) Carolyn Falmouth.
(d) Felicity Sneed.
4. What does Jo learn about Daniel?
(a) He is an award-winning photographer.
(b) He can speak five languages.
(c) He was a Green Beret.
(d) He served in the Peace Corps.
5. Where does Licia sleep because she is afraid to sleep alone?
(a) In Larry's room.
(b) Her parents' home.
(c) In a dorm.
(d) At a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession of Licia's do the police enter into evidence?
2. With which house member does Licia share a resemblance?
3. Who is at Jo's office when a dog is brought there?
4. Jo adopted the name Felicia Stead and told people she was called ________________.
5. Why did Licia give money to Duncan one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Dana's sisters act when they come to the house to pick up Dana's belongings?
2. Explain Jo's secretive life in Cambridge in 1968.
3. How did Jo get her start in veterinary medicine?
4. What are some of the events that the author covers during a flashback of Jo's life?
5. What do the police learn about each of the housemates that makes the police suspicious of them?
6. How is Jo impatient with Daniel's needs when she wants to talk, and how does she try to mend things on Sunday morning?
7. What are the circumstances in which Jo meets Daniel?
8. What was the nature of the relationship between Licia and Dana?
9. How well does Licia adapt to living in the group house?
10. Why is marrying Daniel quite opposite from the life she had been living in the group house?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)