|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Jo and her husband as the novel begins?
(a) A museum.
(b) A rowboat on a lake.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A church.
2. Whom does Licia find the most attractive in the group house?
3. Why did Licia give money to Duncan one day?
(a) To pay his tuition.
(b) To buy groceries.
(c) To repair his car.
(d) To buy drugs.
4. Who was the only other housemate that spent Christmas with Licia?
5. Chapter 3 uses what literary technique to show events that happened in the past?
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday occurs in Chapter 6?
2. What does Jo think about as she drives home after seeing Eli in the office?
3. What decision does Eli make about his dog?
4. Where does Jo rarely go?
5. Which of the following is NOT information the police consider to be suspicious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Jo's secretive life in Cambridge in 1968.
2. Why does Licia seem to fit in so well with the group members who seem to have no real plans?
3. What does Dana think Licia might be when she catches Licia in lies?
4. What was the nature of the relationship between Licia and Dana?
5. Describe the night when Licia finds Dana's dead body in the house.
6. How do Dana's sisters act when they come to the house to pick up Dana's belongings?
7. How is Jo impatient with Daniel's needs when she wants to talk, and how does she try to mend things on Sunday morning?
8. What does Dana's murder signify for the housemates?
9. Which characters comprise Jo's family?
10. What happens to the dynamics in the group house after Dana's death?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)