|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eli and Dana met?
(a) The Contemporary Art Museum.
(b) The Peabody Museum.
(c) The Museum of Modern Art.
(d) The Whitney Museum.
2. What consumes Jo's thoughts about Eli?
(a) If he really loves Jean.
(b) If he will propose an affair.
(c) If he needs some counseling.
(d) If he would consider a change in career.
3. What is Sadie's demeanor when she calls Jo a few days later?
4. Why is Jo having a hard time finding joy in her work?
(a) She is mourning her mother.
(b) She is feeling ill.
(c) She is thinking about the tsunami victims.
(d) She is filled with guilt.
5. What do Jo and Eli initially discuss when they meet?
(a) The political election.
(b) Their respective marriages.
(c) Eli's new car.
(d) The upcoming holiday season.
6. When does Jo go to the police station?
(a) The next day.
(c) The next week.
7. To whom does Jo write a letter of apology in Chapter 14?
8. Where do Jo and Daniel go to hear Cass and her band perform?
9. What does Jo not mention when talking to Sadie about Jo's history?
10. Where does Jo go after leaving the police station?
(a) She goes to a mall.
(b) She goes to Starbucks.
(c) She drives by the group house.
(d) She visits Dana's grave.
11. Why does Jo hesitate about turning Eli in to the police?
(a) Her part in the murder may surface.
(b) She is in love with Eli and doesn't want him to get hurt.
(c) She just wants to forget about that part of her life.
(d) A trial might harm her marriage to Daniel.
12. What is the upcoming holiday in Chapter 10?
(b) Fourth of July.
13. What is Daniel's demeanor when he learns that Jo had gone to the police station?
14. Eli is surprised to learn that Daniel is ________________.
(a) A minister.
(b) A photographer.
(c) An architect.
(d) An author.
15. Jo has an appointment to meet Eli for what reason?
(a) To visit old friends.
(b) To have coffee.
(c) To go Christmas shopping.
(d) To pick out a new dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo learns that which one of her daughters had arrived during the night?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Jo's daughters?
3. In what year was Dana killed?
4. When Cass was little and had nightmares, Jo would tell her stories about a character that was based on whom?
5. What was Dana doing when Eli had arrived to talk to her on the one-year date for the discussion about their relationship?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)