|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eli is surprised to learn that Daniel is ________________.
(a) A photographer.
(b) An author.
(c) A minister.
(d) An architect.
2. Jo says that she and Daniel may be too ________________________.
(a) Bored with each other.
(b) Tired to be married anymore.
(c) Involved with each other's lives.
(d) Busy to pay attention to each other.
3. Jo tells Daniel she is going to meet whom in Chapter 11?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A girlfriend.
4. What does Daniel do after the party guests leave?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Loads the dishwasher.
(c) Empties ashtrays.
(d) Walks the dogs.
5. Why is Jo annoyed to learn that her daughter had arrived during the night?
(a) She probably needs money again.
(b) She will have laundry that needs to be done.
(c) She always makes a mess in the guest room.
(d) She never gives any advance notice.
6. When Cass was little and had nightmares, Jo would tell her stories about a character that was based on whom?
7. Who is the last of Jo's daughters to arrive home for the holidays?
8. What consumes Jo's thoughts about Eli?
(a) If he would consider a change in career.
(b) If he really loves Jean.
(c) If he needs some counseling.
(d) If he will propose an affair.
9. Jo and Daniel both recall holiday disasters due to ____________________.
(a) Inclement weather.
(b) Burned food.
(c) Travel schedules.
(d) Rivalry between their daughters.
10. Why did Eli attack Dana with the knife?
(a) She was not taking their meeting seriously.
(b) She told him she was engaged.
(c) She was seeing someone else.
(d) She said she did not love him.
11. Where does Jo's daughter go that night when she asks to borrow the car?
(a) The airport.
(b) A local bar.
(c) A friend's house.
(d) A cafe.
12. What is Daniel's demeanor when he learns that Jo had gone to the police station?
13. Jo has an appointment to meet Eli for what reason?
(a) To visit old friends.
(b) To pick out a new dog.
(c) To go Christmas shopping.
(d) To have coffee.
14. What is Sadie's demeanor when she calls Jo a few days later?
15. What has cast doubt on Jo's credibility?
(a) Her extramarital affairs.
(b) Her drug use.
(c) Her history of secrecy.
(d) Her alcoholism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jo headed when she leaves the house in Chapter 13?
2. What is Daniel's advice to Jo regarding turning Eli in to the police?
3. What does Jean invite Daniel and Jo to do the following week?
4. Why did Eli decide to move into the group house?
5. What does Jo not do before she leaves the house?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)