|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Daniel thinks that Jo's behavior is usually _________________.
2. What do Jo and Daniel do on Christmas Day?
(a) They attend a concert.
(b) They visit relatives.
(c) They go ice skating.
(d) They fix a fantastic meal.
3. Jo says that she and Daniel may be too ________________________.
(a) Bored with each other.
(b) Busy to pay attention to each other.
(c) Involved with each other's lives.
(d) Tired to be married anymore.
4. What does Jo search for in the newspaper archives in the library?
(a) Information on Dana's murder.
(b) The landing of a man on the moon.
(c) Information on Babe Ruth.
(d) The Kennedy assassination.
5. What does Jo not do before she leaves the house?
(a) Tell Daniel she is going to the police.
(b) Load the dishwasher.
(c) Put the orange juice away.
(d) Turn off the stove.
6. What is the police's stance on investigating Eli?
(a) They have Eli in custody.
(b) They will not pursue an investigation.
(c) They have a strong case against Eli.
(d) Eli has implicated Jo in the murder.
7. Where is Jo headed when she leaves the house in Chapter 13?
(d) New York.
8. Jo and Daniel both recall holiday disasters due to ____________________.
(a) Rivalry between their daughters.
(b) Burned food.
(c) Travel schedules.
(d) Inclement weather.
9. What is Sadie's demeanor when she calls Jo a few days later?
10. What is the demeanor of the detective Jo meets with to tell about Eli's confession?
11. What is the state of Jo and Daniel's marriage in Chapter 12?
12. Jo tells Daniel she is going to meet whom in Chapter 11?
(a) Her mother.
(c) A girlfriend.
13. What does Jo NOT consider when thinking about healing her family?
(a) Jo had confessed to murder to Daniel years ago.
(b) Jo assumes her family will believe her.
(c) She assumes Danile will want to repair the marriage.
(d) She assumes she has plenty of time to repair her relationship with Daniel.
14. Where does Jo go after leaving the police station?
(a) She goes to Starbucks.
(b) She visits Dana's grave.
(c) She goes to a mall.
(d) She drives by the group house.
15. What does Daniel ask Jo to admit?
(a) That she went to meet Eli for sexual reasons.
(b) That she will love Daniel forever.
(c) That she is the one who killed Dana.
(d) That she did not love Daniel when they married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eli is surprised to learn that Daniel is ________________.
2. To whom does Jo write a letter of apology in Chapter 14?
3. Why is Jo annoyed to learn that her daughter had arrived during the night?
4. Who attends Jo's holiday party?
5. What was Dana doing when Eli had arrived to talk to her on the one-year date for the discussion about their relationship?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)