|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean invite Daniel and Jo to do the following week?
(a) Go out to dinner and a movie.
(b) To to New York for a Broadway play.
(c) Come for dinner at their house.
(d) Go skiing in Vermont.
2. Jo's daughters feel that she is ________________ which hurts Jo's feelings.
3. Where do Jo and Daniel go to hear Cass and her band perform?
4. Why has Sadie called Jo?
(a) To say that Jean Bennett will no longer work with Sadie.
(b) To invite her to come for dinner on Friday.
(c) To get her opinion on a house she wants to buy.
(d) To ask if she wants to go shopping this weekend.
5. At dinner, Daniel gets more and more irritated when Eli asks questions about ________________.
(a) Daniel's daughters.
(b) Jo's profession.
(c) Daniel's profession.
(d) Daniel's politics.
6. What does Eli thank Jo for at the party?
(a) The party favors.
(b) The bottle of wine.
(c) A wonderful meal.
(d) Her help with his dog.
7. Who is the last of Jo's daughters to arrive home for the holidays?
8. Why does Eli think his crime has been canceled out?
(a) Dana was nothing but a tease.
(b) He started going to church.
(c) He killed Dana in a fit of passion.
(d) His scientific research has helped thousands.
9. When Cass was little and had nightmares, Jo would tell her stories about a character that was based on whom?
10. Jo feels that the only people who will believe Eli's version of the story are ______________________.
(a) Her daughters.
(b) Dana's family.
(c) The police detectives.
(d) People Jo does not care about.
11. Jo has an appointment to meet Eli for what reason?
(a) To have coffee.
(b) To visit old friends.
(c) To go Christmas shopping.
(d) To pick out a new dog.
12. What is Sadie's demeanor when she calls Jo a few days later?
13. What does Jo not do before she leaves the house?
(a) Turn off the stove.
(b) Tell Daniel she is going to the police.
(c) Load the dishwasher.
(d) Put the orange juice away.
14. What does Jo not mention when talking to Sadie about Jo's history?
15. Daniel thinks that Jo's behavior is usually _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel throw against a wall near Jo as she washes dishes?
2. What is Daniel's advice to Jo regarding turning Eli in to the police?
3. Where does Jo have lunch with her mother?
4. Eli has told the police that Jo squealed on him because ______________________.
5. When does Jo go to the police station?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)