|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At dinner, Daniel gets more and more irritated when Eli asks questions about ________________.
(a) Daniel's profession.
(b) Jo's profession.
(c) Daniel's daughters.
(d) Daniel's politics.
2. What does Daniel ask Jo to admit?
(a) That she did not love Daniel when they married.
(b) That she will love Daniel forever.
(c) That she went to meet Eli for sexual reasons.
(d) That she is the one who killed Dana.
3. Where do Jo and Daniel go to hear Cass and her band perform?
4. Jo's daughter tells Jo that she plans to quit __________________.
(c) The band.
5. What does Jo not mention when talking to Sadie about Jo's history?
6. Jo learns that which one of her daughters had arrived during the night?
7. What does Jean invite Daniel and Jo to do the following week?
(a) To to New York for a Broadway play.
(b) Go out to dinner and a movie.
(c) Go skiing in Vermont.
(d) Come for dinner at their house.
8. What is Sadie's demeanor when she calls Jo a few days later?
9. What does Jo not do before she leaves the house?
(a) Tell Daniel she is going to the police.
(b) Turn off the stove.
(c) Put the orange juice away.
(d) Load the dishwasher.
10. Eli has told the police that Jo squealed on him because ______________________.
(a) He refused her sexual advances.
(b) She has a very vivid imagination.
(c) She is mentally unbalanced.
(d) Daniel told her to.
11. What does Jo search for in the newspaper archives in the library?
(a) The Kennedy assassination.
(b) Information on Babe Ruth.
(c) Information on Dana's murder.
(d) The landing of a man on the moon.
12. What is Daniel reminded of as Jo recounts the events at the police station?
(a) A young man he is counseling at church.
(b) Jo's stories about her first husband.
(c) His daughters' disbelief in their mother's story.
(d) Jo's interest in having an affair with Eli.
13. Why does Jo hesitate about turning Eli in to the police?
(a) Her part in the murder may surface.
(b) She is in love with Eli and doesn't want him to get hurt.
(c) A trial might harm her marriage to Daniel.
(d) She just wants to forget about that part of her life.
14. What is Daniel's advice to Jo regarding turning Eli in to the police?
(a) She should think about it some more.
(b) If she doesn't turn Eli in, Daniel will.
(c) She should let the past stay in the past.
(d) She should not fear an investigation.
15. What is Jo's response when Eli says he would like to meet and talk again?
(a) She has to think about it.
(b) She agrees.
(c) She says it's not a good idea.
(d) She refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel's demeanor when he learns that Jo had gone to the police station?
2. What does Sadie suggest may be influencing Jo's recent behavior?
3. Which of the following does Jo NOT notice about her daughter?
4. Where is Jo headed when she leaves the house in Chapter 13?
5. What consumes Jo's thoughts about Eli?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)