|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of Jo and Daniel's marriage in Chapter 12?
2. Where do Jo and Daniel go to hear Cass and her band perform?
3. Jo and Daniel both recall holiday disasters due to ____________________.
(a) Inclement weather.
(b) Rivalry between their daughters.
(c) Burned food.
(d) Travel schedules.
4. How long had Jo waited to contact the police since she learned of Eli's confession?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two days.
5. Who attends Jo's holiday party?
(a) Jillian and Evan.
(b) Jane and Eugene.
(c) Jane and Edward.
(d) Jean and Eli.
6. What is Daniel's demeanor when he learns that Jo had gone to the police station?
7. What is the police's stance on investigating Eli?
(a) They have Eli in custody.
(b) Eli has implicated Jo in the murder.
(c) They will not pursue an investigation.
(d) They have a strong case against Eli.
8. What does Jo search for in the newspaper archives in the library?
(a) The landing of a man on the moon.
(b) Information on Babe Ruth.
(c) The Kennedy assassination.
(d) Information on Dana's murder.
9. Why does Eli think his crime has been canceled out?
(a) Dana was nothing but a tease.
(b) He started going to church.
(c) He killed Dana in a fit of passion.
(d) His scientific research has helped thousands.
10. In what year was Dana killed?
11. Eli says that while living in the group house he felt __________________.
12. Which of the following does Jo NOT feel after leaving the police station?
13. What has cast doubt on Jo's credibility?
(a) Her alcoholism.
(b) Her drug use.
(c) Her extramarital affairs.
(d) Her history of secrecy.
14. What do Jo's daughters do in the snow after dinner the next night?
(a) Build a snow fort.
(b) Make snow angels.
(c) Make a snowman.
(d) Walk the dogs.
15. Why does Jo hesitate about turning Eli in to the police?
(a) She just wants to forget about that part of her life.
(b) She is in love with Eli and doesn't want him to get hurt.
(c) Her part in the murder may surface.
(d) A trial might harm her marriage to Daniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo says that she and Daniel may be too ________________________.
2. How does Daniel respond to Jo in Chapter 12?
3. What do Jo and Daniel do on Christmas Day?
4. Whom does Jo call to invite to a party?
5. What does Eli thank Jo for at the party?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)