|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Jo go to the police station?
(a) The next day.
(d) The next week.
2. Jo's daughter tells Jo that she plans to quit __________________.
(a) The band.
3. When Cass was little and had nightmares, Jo would tell her stories about a character that was based on whom?
4. What is Sadie's demeanor when she calls Jo a few days later?
5. Why did Eli decide to move into the group house?
(a) To make new friends.
(b) To be closer to campus.
(c) To get cheap rent.
(d) To re-ignite his affair with Dana.
6. Where is Jo headed when she leaves the house in Chapter 13?
(b) New York.
7. What does Daniel know when Jo had told him about Eli's killing Dana?
(a) Jo was going to have an affair with Eli.
(b) Daniel will have to report Eli to the police.
(c) Daniel can no longer trust Jo.
(d) Jo probably had a part in Dana's murder.
8. Eli has told the police that Jo squealed on him because ______________________.
(a) She has a very vivid imagination.
(b) Daniel told her to.
(c) She is mentally unbalanced.
(d) He refused her sexual advances.
9. When does the detective want Jo to return to the station?
10. Why did Eli attack Dana with the knife?
(a) She was seeing someone else.
(b) She was not taking their meeting seriously.
(c) She told him she was engaged.
(d) She said she did not love him.
11. Why does the police detective call and ask Jo to return to the station?
(a) She forgot her driver's license.
(b) To go over a few more details.
(c) To identify Dana's personal effects.
(d) To identify Eli in a line-up.
12. Eli says that while living in the group house he felt __________________.
13. Whom does Jo call to invite to a party?
(a) Joan Benet.
(b) Janet Bowdoin.
(c) Jean Bennett.
(d) Jane Bowen.
14. What does Eli ask Jo at the party?
(a) If she would have lunch with him next week.
(b) If she would help him find a farmhouse like hers.
(c) If she would go to Boston with him for a convention.
(d) If she would like to talk about Dana some day.
15. What does the detective ask Jo about herself?
(a) Where she was on the night that Dana was murdered.
(b) What is her motive for lying about Eli.
(c) If she was able to get Eli's confession on tape.
(d) Why she used an alias while living in the group house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jo learns that which one of her daughters had arrived during the night?
2. Why has Sadie called Jo?
3. Why does Eli think his crime has been canceled out?
4. What is the occasion for Jo's party?
5. What is the upcoming holiday in Chapter 10?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)