|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy end up sleeping under the wagon with his dogs in Chapter 16?
2. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
3. How does Billy react when his grandfather tells him he has entered him into the hunting contest?
4. What does Papa believe would have prevented Billy from moving with the family at the end of the book?
5. Where does Billy bury the dogs when they die?
Essay Topic 1
One of the themes Where the Red Fern Grows address is perseverance. Discuss what the novel has to say about this theme. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Wilson Rawls uses a frame story in this novel. Describe the frame story and discuss how it relates to the main plot line. Then comment on how the novel would be different if the frame story was removed. Be sure to cite examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Billy's parents and grandfather have a strong influence on him. Discuss at least three ways that Billy's family influences his development. Be sure to cite several examples from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)