Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa believe would have prevented Billy from moving with the family at the end of the book?
2. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
3. How many raccoons do Billy and the dogs catch during the hunting contest?
4. Who lays next to Old Dan's dead body before it is buried?
5. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
Essay Topic 1
One of the themes Where the Red Fern Grows address is man vs man. Discuss what the novel has to say about this theme. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Billy goes through several rites of passage in this novel. Describe at least two events that help usher him into adulthood. Then discuss how these events help make him a "man." Be sure to cite several examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Old Dan and Little Ann share many common traits, but they are also very different. Compare and contrast the two dogs focusing both on their physical and personality traits. Be sure to cite examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)