Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa believe would have prevented Billy from moving with the family at the end of the book?
2. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
3. How many raccoons do Billy and the dogs catch during the hunting contest?
4. Who lays next to Old Dan's dead body before it is buried?
5. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
Billy grows and changes as a character as the novel progresses. At the same time, he holds to a core set of values. Compare and contrast Billy at several different stages in his development. Be sure to cite examples from the text to support your ideas.
There are several characters who influence the person that Billy becomes. Select the two characters who you believe have the greatest impact on his development and:
1) describe each character's actions or beliefs as they relate to Billy.
2) discuss the impact of this character on Billy's life and personality.
3) discuss why you selected each particular character. What about each character made him/her more of an influence on Billy than others?
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Where the Red Fern Grows presents and comments on the circle of life. Discuss how this idea plays out in the novel. Then examine the author's view on the topic. Be sure to support your ideas with evidence from the novel.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)