|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy bury the dogs when they die?
(a) Under a sycamore tree.
(b) At the base of a red oak tree.
(c) Next to the family's cabin.
(d) Near the river.
2. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
(a) Catching the biggest raccoon.
(b) Treeing the "ghost coon."
(c) Catching more raccoons than they have caught.
(d) Selling the most pelts.
3. Where does Little Ann die?
(a) On Old Dan's grave.
(b) On the hill where the mountain lion attacked.
(c) At Billy's home.
(d) In the woods.
4. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
(a) He believes killing animals is immoral.
(b) He wants to allow the dogs to kill it.
(c) When the raccoon cries, Billy is sympathetic to its feelings.
(d) His grandfather tells him not to kill it.
5. What does Billy find when he visits to the dogs' graves before leaving home?
(a) A red fern growing up between them.
(b) The old KC Baking Powder can.
(c) A sycamore tree growing up between them.
(d) A grave marker made by his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Papa believe would have prevented Billy from moving with the family at the end of the book?
2. What does Billy's father show him to help him feel better when Old Dan and Little Ann die?
3. Who lays next to Old Dan's dead body before it is buried?
4. Why does Billy visit his grandfather's store on the day he encounters the Pritchard boys?
5. Whose bragging helps build Billy's reputation as a hunter?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)