|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Papa believe would have prevented Billy from moving with the family at the end of the book?
(a) A desire to stay near the river.
(b) Hunting with the dogs.
(c) His grief over the dogs' deaths.
(d) A desire to stay near the dogs' graves.
2. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
(a) When the raccoon cries, Billy is sympathetic to its feelings.
(b) He wants to allow the dogs to kill it.
(c) His grandfather tells him not to kill it.
(d) He believes killing animals is immoral.
3. How many raccoons do Billy and the dogs catch during the hunting contest?
4. Who lays next to Old Dan's dead body before it is buried?
(a) Little Ann.
(b) Billy's sisters.
(c) Billy and Little Ann.
5. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
(a) The sound of mockingbirds.
(b) The sound of screech owls.
(c) A storm coming.
(d) Old Dan baying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What challenge do the Pritchard boys pose for Billy and the dogs?
2. What event causes Little Ann to become sickly and weak?
3. What criteria must all entrants into the hunting contest in Chapter 14 meet?
4. What does Billy's grandfather tell the boy he must bring with him to the hunting contest?
5. Where does Billy bury the dogs when they die?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)