|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What challenge emerges at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) It begins sleeting.
(b) Another hunter catches a raccoon.
(c) It grows dark.
(d) The jackpot for the contest rises.
2. What is the significance of the red fern?
(a) It is supposedly planted by an angel at the grave site of two children.
(b) It is rare and unusual.
(c) It usually only grows in warm climates.
(d) It is supposedly a gift from God.
3. Where does Little Ann die?
(a) In the woods.
(b) On the hill where the mountain lion attacked.
(c) At Billy's home.
(d) On Old Dan's grave.
4. Why is Billy concerned about entering one of the dogs into the best looking dog contest?
(a) He believes they are too small.
(b) He does not want to hurt the feelings of either dog.
(c) He is afraid of losing the contest.
(d) He is not concerned about their looks, only their hunting abilities.
5. Who becomes separated from the group during the storm?
(c) The judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event at the beginning of Chapter 11 prevents Billy from hunting?
2. When did Billy return to the Ozarks to visit the dogs' graves?
3. What does Billy do to help himself see the dogs in the fog in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Billy decide not to kill the "ghost coon"?
5. Whose bragging helps build Billy's reputation as a hunter?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)