|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the animal in Chapter 18 react to Old Dan's threat?
(a) It hides in the tree.
(b) It attacks Little Ann.
(c) It attacks Old Dan.
(d) It runs away.
2. Where do the dogs chase a raccoon to in Chapter 11?
(a) The river.
(b) A tree.
(d) Billy's family's home.
3. Who does Billy think has planted the red fern?
(b) The dogs.
(c) His father.
4. What concerns Billy about Old Dan's behavior when he trees the animal in Chapter 18?
(a) He will not leave the tree.
(b) He abandons Little Ann.
(c) He growls and bears his teeth.
(d) He tries to climb the tree.
5. What does Billy hear during the night in Chapter 15 that he takes as a bad omen?
(a) A storm coming.
(b) The sound of mockingbirds.
(c) The sound of screech owls.
(d) Old Dan baying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy's father show him to help him feel better when Old Dan and Little Ann die?
2. Why does Billy end up sleeping under the wagon with his dogs in Chapter 16?
3. Where does Little Ann find the "ghost coon" after Billy believes the bet is over?
4. What criteria must all entrants into the hunting contest in Chapter 14 meet?
5. What event at the beginning of Chapter 11 prevents Billy from hunting?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)