|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rainie Pritchard characterize Billy's grandfather?
(a) As wealthy.
(b) As mean.
(c) As fair.
(d) As dishonest.
2. What does Billy do to try and gain an advantage on his night of hunting in the contest?
(a) Move out of the over-hunted area.
(b) Encourage the dogs.
(c) Give the dogs a pep talk.
(d) Take his father and grandfather along hunting.
3. Why does Old Dan lure Billy out on to the ice pack?
(a) Little Ann is caught in the freezing water.
(b) He is caught on the ice.
(c) Little Ann has located the raccoon.
(d) He is caught in the freezing water.
4. Why does Little Ann stop barking when she trees the "ghost coon"?
(a) She is waiting for Billy to arrive.
(b) She is waiting for Old Dan to arrive.
(c) She has lost his scent.
(d) She is unsure that he is actually in the tree.
5. How does Billy react when his grandfather tells him he has entered him into the hunting contest?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is honored.
(c) He is ecstatic.
(d) He is put off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Little Ann to become sickly and weak?
2. How does the animal in Chapter 18 react to Old Dan's threat?
3. What does Billy finally notice about his mother as the family discusses the hunting competition over dinner?
4. What does Billy find when he visits to the dogs' graves before leaving home?
5. How does Billy prepare Little Ann for the beauty contest?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)